I volunteer at my son’s school in the office. A mother was signing her daughter out to go back to their family dentist to get 3 of her 9 year old daughter’s teeth extracted. They had attempted to get 5 extracted during the last visit but her daughter was a complete mess, in pain, and screaming. They had to return today to get the remaining 3 extracted and her daughter was already crying before they left the school. In this particular family dentistry, they don’t use sedation at all.
I recommended that the mother should taker her daughter to our pediatric dentist, Dr. Adam Pollock for a number of reasons, including sedation options for kids and how they put kids first in all aspects.
There are many reasons why you should choose a pediatric dentist for your child rather than a family dentist. A pediatric dentist is considered a specialist as they only treat infants, children, and adolescents. They are focused on the care and treatment of children, offering specialties and extra comforts for children.
10 Reasons Why You Should Choose a Pediatric Dentist for Your Child
- Pediatric Dentists have 2-3 years additional years of training and hands-on experience over that of a family dentist in order to meet the needs of infants, children, and adolescents.
- Pediatric Dentists have extensive knowledge in oral care including health and growth of children’s teeth. They keep current with latest advances in dentistry for children including prevention, early detection and treatment of dental diseases.
- Pleasant visits to a pediatric dentist as a child builds confidence that will last a lifetime.
- Pediatric Dentists have training to address the needs and care for people with significant medical, physical, mental disabilities, and special needs.
- Pediatric Dentists are an important part of your child’s health team as poor oral health leads to decreased school performance, poor social skills, and less success in adult life.
- Pediatric Dentists educate children and parents on the proper oral care and health specific to children’s baby and adult teeth.
- Pediatric Dentists can provide counseling for habits such as thumb sucking, pacifier use, etc that can affect the mouth and teeth.
- Pediatric Dentists can care for dental injuries with children including knocked-out teeth, fractured teeth, etc.
- Pediatric Dentistry generally provides a comforting atmosphere for children to lesson their fears of going to the dentists. The office is often decorated and sized with kids in mind.
- Pediatric Dentists are kid-friendly including phrases they use when explaining the procedures, sunglasses for kids to wear to avoid the bright lights during exams, televisions with children’s programing, various sedation options for intense procedures or nervous kids, and even prizes after the visit.
Our Pediatric Dentist in Cuyahoga Falls / Akron, Ohio Area
My family trust Dr. Adam Pollock D.D.S. as our pediatric dentist. Located in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, Dr. Adam Pollock Pediatric Dentistry is conveniently located for families in all of Summit County. From the moment you make an appointment on the phone to when you leave, the entire staff will treat you and your child with the utmost kindness and professionalism.
They put your child first, helping them to feel relaxed about their visit while providing the best care.
Read all about Dr. Adam Pollock Pediatric Dentistry and what to expect with a visit. All of the above reasons to choose a pediatric dentist applies to Dr. Pollock’s practice. They offer a kid-friendly experience with exceptional care.
If you are looking for a caring pediatric dentistry in the greater Akron, Ohio area, contact Dr. Adam Pollock Pediatric Dentistry today.
Dr. Adam Pollock D. D.S. Pediatric Dentistry
1707 Portage Trail
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Saturdays 9am – 1pm
Dr. Adam Pollock Pediatric Dentistry is conveniently located in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, just minutes from Akron, Stow, Munroe Falls, Kent, Hudson, Peninsula, Tallmadge, Ellet, Copley, and Fairlawn, Ohio.
Visit Dr. Adam Pollock Akron Pediatric Dentistry online and Like Dr. Adam Pollock Pediatric Dentistry on Facebook. Tell them you heard about them on AkronOhioMoms.com.