This is an adorable Valentine’s Hairstyle for girls. Cozy Friedman, author of one of my favorite books, Cozy’s Complete Guide to Girls’ Hair has provided step-by-step instructions on how to make a heart braid. I’m sharing it now so you can practice a few times before Valentine’s Day.
Valentine Hairstyle – How to Make a Heart Braid
You will need:
- Wide-tooth comb
- Fine-tooth comb
- Decorative hair clip
- Ponytail holders
- Dampen hair – either towel-dried or misted
- Detangle hair with a wide-tooth comb
- Use a fine-tooth comb to part the hair down the middle of the head. Clip one side up right above the ear.
- On the other side of the part, use a fine comb and gather a thin section of hair from the crown. This thin section of hair should be 2 inches from the hairline to the top of the head.
- Divide this section into 3 parts.
- Begin a French braid starting at the crown of the head while curving toward the temple, then toward the back of the head, to look like the top lobe of a heart. Do not leave any loose hair in front of the ears.
- You’ll be lifting hair into the braid only from this side of the part.
- When you get to the center part at the back of the head, use a ponytail holder to secure the braid. End the braid about mid-ear if you have very long hair, the ends will then hang down the back.
- Do the same thing on the other side of the part and secure it with a ponytail holder.
- With a decorative bow or ponytail holder, join the 2 ends of the braids to form the bottom point of the heart.
Visit socozy.com for more info on Cozy Friedman and more.