My cell phone has been our home phone for 4 years. It has it’s plus and minuses. It is convenient to have 1 phone # where we can be reached at all time and it saves us money. It is not so good when I misplace it ALL of the time and miss calls. I can’t tell you how much time I waste looking for my cell phone on a daily basis. I ask my husband to call my cell phone at least once a day because I always misplace it. As you know, the holiday season is not the time to be wasting time!
Lucky for us, we were introduced to the VTech DS6421-3 Connect to Cell. This new VTech home cell phone system allows you to make and take your cell phone calls from a phone system similar to a traditional landline home phone!
Blue tooth technology allows you to connect up to 4 cell phones or even a landline to this phone system. You can use up to 2 lines at a time to make and take phone calls (as long as there are at least 2 phones connected). This phone system is perfect for home with no landline. The system comes with 3 phones, but you can add up to 12 phones. Each phone has excellent reception up to 500 ft.
The audible Caller ID is so convenient, you can screen your calls without reaching for the phone to see who is calling. VTech did a survey about phone habits during the holidays. They found that:
- People avoid phone calls all the time with co-workers being the top of who they avoid phone calls from at 36%, then neighbors at 21% and friends at 10%. Screening calls has never been easier!
Another VTech finding found that:
- 45% of people that the best present a distant friend or family member could give is a phone call to catch up. No surprise to me that social media interaction responded way less favorably at 5%. There is nothing like hearing a voice of an old friend.
- 28% of people said that they wish they would call family and friends more often during the holidays. Only 17% said they wish they had more get-togethers, 11% said more time decorating the house, 11% more time at church
The survey is in, people want to connect on the phone with one another this holiday season. I can see how the new VTech Connect to Cell phone can help do this. I love to catch up with friends on the phone but hate chatting on my cell if it is over 1/2 hour – it hurts my ear, my shoulders, and is just not comfortable. A traditional phone, with speaker phone and headset capability is sooo much easier.
My family has really, really enjoyed this new phone system. My kids are super excited to hear an actual phone ring all through the house on all 3 headsets (and the cell phone). It was funny that they didn’t really know what the sound was at first! They have enjoyed calling grandparents on the phone and even answering the phone. If you are looking for a way to connect cell phone to home phone, this is it.
Features of the VTech DS6421-3 Connect to Cell
- Page/handset locator.
- Energy Star Compliant.
- Press any key to answer calls.
- Hearing Aid Compatible.
- Retrieve messages on the digital answering system from the handset.
- Remotely retrieve messages on the digital answering system.
- Selectable ring tones.
- Audible time and date stamp on recorded messages.
- Last 10 number redial.
- Conference an outside call between handsets and lines.
- 50 name and number phonebook directory.
- Caller ID/Call waiting stores 50 calls.
- Connect to CELL – Pair four different cell phones or headsets and have two devices actively connected.
- Transfer calls between handsets.
- Intercom calling between handsets.
- Access your cellular phonebook directory
- Digital security, calls are digitized and encrypted
- Make and Receive Landline and cellular calls
- Voice Announce Caller ID
- Digital answering system with 14 minutes of recording time
Find out all the details on this amazing VTech DS6421-3 Connect to Cell home cell phone system.
Final Thoughts on VTech DS6421-3 Connect to Cell
I don’t know what we did before the VTech DS6421-3 Connect to Cell. It is an easy way to have a cell phone to home phone solution.
Being that it is the holiday season, and studies show that people talk more on the phone and want to connect more during the holidays, do yourself or loved one a favor and buy the VTech DS6421-3 Connect to Cell. This would make an excellent Christmas gift for loved ones near and far.
Buy VTech DS6421-3 Connect to Cell
You can buy the VTech DS6421-3 Connect to Cell on the VTech website. Regular price $99.95, on sale now $89.95 with Free Shipping. Comes with 3 Handset DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone with Connect to Cell™, Answering System, Push-To-Talk & HD Audio.
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of VTech and received a product sample to facilitate my review.