The Chicken Soup for the Soul does a great job at inspiring us. This time, they seek to inspire us to better health, or, at least, those of us who are half way there. 🙂 The new Runners book is 101 Inspirational Stories of Energy, Endurance, and Endurance. I’ve honestly only flipped through it so far, but it includes stories from those high level types that are on the US marathoner teams, casual runners who have overcome great obstacles, and stories about triathletes to, to REALLY inspire you.
For the runner in you, you’ve gotta get your hands on a copy of Chicken Soup for Runners. It is 101 inspiring stories about individuals who share how they made it over the next hill. It may be just the book you need to inspire you to run your first 5K, 1/2 marathon, or full marathon! You’ve gotta start somewhere! I think I’ll go for a run tomorrow!
Here is a synopsis from Chicken Soup for the Soul website:
101 Inspirational Stories of Energy, Endurance, and Endorphins
When runners aren’t running, they are talking about running, planning their next run, shopping for running. This book contains 101 stories from runners, telling their stories to other runners about. running — how it has changed their lives, their bodies, and their spirits. Runners will love these inspirational stories of fellow runners challenging themselves, recovering from injuries, and staying motivated. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Runners also includes amazing stories of marathons, camaraderie, and the natural high that comes from this popular sport. It holds plenty of stories for triathletes too, covering swimming and cycling.
About Chicken Soup for the Soul Series
Chicken Soup for the Soul offers heart warming stories on about every imaginable topic, interest and life circumstance for the past 15 years. Their books are great as an easy-read while being thought provoking and inspirational stories. Pick up a Chicken Soup for the Soul as a gift for someone special in your life, there is sure to be one that fits that person’s interest perfectly.
Buy Chicken Soup for the Soul: Runners
I recommend this book as a gift for birthdays, get well soon, retirement, mothers day, fathers day, college students, and just because gifts. You can purchase mothers day, for about $10 at Amazon.
Win Chicken Soup for the Soul: Runners (Closed)
Updated: 10-8-10 Winners Announced. Congratulations, Nancy, Jennifer V, and Jennifer Hess! You each won a copy! Thanks to all who entered.
Thanks to Chicken Soup for the Soul who will be giving away 3 copies of this book! Everybody knows a runner- we’re excited to get you this copy!!
To Enter: You must visit Chicken Soup for the Soul and leave one Comment Below on this blog about a book you would like to give as a gift to someone.
Increase your Chances of Winning with Extra Entries
Leave an additional comment for the value of each extra entry and a way to verify the entry.
- “Like” us on Facebook (posting a comment is appreciated but not required)
- Follow us on twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway. Tweet daily for an extra entry every day! Copy and paste: Win Chicken Soup for the Soul- Runners https://www.akronohiomoms.com #contests #sweepstakes
- For 2 entries/day, tweet my Pillsbury Finalist status. Copy and paste: Vote for my friend Cindy Orley and win $5,000 http://bit.ly/dmnKWS #sweepstakes #contest
- For 2 entries, comment on my (voting not required but APPRECIATED)
- For 3 entries, comment on any Total House Remodel post
- For 5 entries, blog about this giveaway on your website and link back to us .
- For 3 entries, Stumble Upon this post with button on top of screen
- Yahoo Buzz this post with button on top of screen
- Google Buzz this post with button on top of screen
- Join us with Google Friend Connect (on the sidebar)
- Email 5 friends about this giveaway and CC me. I do not keep email addresses
- Cast a vote for us on Top Baby Blogs
- Rate my site on Top 100 Mommy Blogs
- Leave one new comment on any other post or giveaway
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on September 29, 2010 when a winner will be drawn at random and announced the next day. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Chicken Soup for the Soul who supplied the products for review and giveaway.