As moms, we want what is best for our families. I try to cook healthy, well balanced meals for my family. I’m sure you have heard the debates on what cookware is best for you. Teflon can peel and stainless steel metals can trickle into your food. I am excited to introduce to you the healthiest, safest, and green Xtrema cookware. Xtrema offers the healthiest cookware, bakeware, and teaware available. Xtrema has generously offered AkronOhioMoms a Xtrema 10″ Open Skillet to review and one to giveaway.
Why is Xtrema Healthy & Safe for your family?
Xtrema is made from inorganic natural minerals from our earth’s crust. Xtrema products are handmade through a 20 day process using natural gas, clay, and water. There are no harmful metals and chemicals to leak into your family’s dinner. They have testing to prove it. Xtrema cookware does not stain or retain odors like metal and plastic cookware.
Here are more reasons that Xtrema is Healthy (taken from Xtrema website):
- Xtremely Easy to Clean: Non-Scratch, Non-Toxic Ceramic Glaze Surface
- Xtremely Healthy Cookware: No Trace Metals or Chemicals Leaching from the Cooking Surface and the Xtrema cooking surface contains no harmful PTFE coating and produces no harmful PFOA gas which can occur with most popular petroleum based non-stick coatings.
- Xtremely Durable: Cooking Surface cannot be Scratched, even by Metal Utensils and Industrial Steel Wool. The non-scratch ceramic cooking surface on the Xtrema cookware is non-reactive and 100% non-toxic.
Why is Xtrema a Green product?
Xtrema is not only healthy for you but it is good for our planet. Xtrema products are so well made that they retain heat, this means you will use less energy by cooking on low to medium heat. Plus, since Xtrema products retain heat, you foods stay warmer longer. No odors or gases are ever released during the entire cooking process, even if the cooking temperatures exceed 2500 F. You will also save energy because of Xtrema versatility. Their products can go from Oven, Stovetop, Broiler, Freezer, BBQ Grill, Microwave Oven, Dishwasher, and to the Dining Room Table no matter what the temperature of the cookware. Not only is Xtrema Green but saves you time, money, and clean up! The manufacturing kilns use clean burning and safe natural gas.
Xtrema 10″ Open Skillet Hands-On Review
The Xtrema skillet came with instructions on how to use with a gas and electric range. I decided to try both at my house and my mother-in-laws’ house. I was pleased with the performance on both ranges.
The instructions state to start the skillet out on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, then reach the desired temperature, and finally go back to the lower setting. I didn’t understand why until I cooked with the Xtrema skillet. It really does retain heat so I don’t have to cook everything on HI anymore. Cooking at a lower heat setting with this heat-retaining skillet actually cooked my food more evenly. I could not believe how evenly and quickly the food cooked on both ranges.
The instructions stated to use “all natural” oil. I was afraid that I’d have to make a special trip to the store just to use this product. To my surprise, the generic cooking spray that I already had was all natural. I cooked a hearty 2 lbs of ground beef easily in the 10″ skillet on the gas range. I cooked turkey bacon on an electric range. To my surprise, the turkey bacon cooked evenly and turned out crispy. I have never made good turkey bacon with my other skillets.
I also made a stir fry in the Xtrema, I had no problem serving dinner in the Xtrema skillet at the table for my family. The skillet has a high gloss shine, even after washing it many times. It is an attractive cookware. By using it at the table, it kept the stir-fry warmer longer. We had some leftovers so I just put some wrap on it, stuck it in the fridge, and reheated it in the microwave for lunch the next day. It felt weird putting the skillet in the microwave but so convenient!
By the way, with all the talk about the Xtrema skillet retaining heat, you may wonder about the handle. I thought for sure it would be hot and reached for a pad. I was very surprised that it stayed cool! It is amazing that the cookware can withstand 2700 F and handle stays cool, by the way, Steel can melt at 2200 F.
Cleaning Xtrema Skillet is easy
I have had some skillets that I hated solely because they were impossible to clean. The Xtrema is very easy to clean. I just used my normal dishwashing liquid with a dish brush and it easily cleaned up. You can actually use any cleaning item that you would for metal cookware. You can use Soft Scrub, Bon Ami, Comet, Ajax powered cleaners, steel wool SOS, Brillo pads, and scrub sponges on both the inside and outside of the Xtrema. The Xtrema cookware surface cannot be scratched! That being said, you should only use nylon, plastic, silicone, and wooden utensils. If you use metal utensils, they will leave marks on the surface that can be easily cleaned with a powder cleaner I just mentioned.
Buy Xtrema 10″ Open Skillet
You can buy the Xtrema 10″ Open Skillet for $99.99 on the Xtrema website. They offer FREE shipping within the USA!
Win Xtrema 10″ Open Skillet
Xtrema has very generously offered one AkronOhioMoms fan a Xtrema 10″ Open Skillet ($99.99 value).
To Enter: You must visit Xtrema website and leave one Comment Below on another product that interest you.
Extra Entries (do as many as you wish and leave a corresponding comment below)
- For 5 entries, blog about this giveaway on your website and link back to this article and to Xtrema website.
- For 5 entries, for 4 hours, make your facebook status: I’m entering to the the Xterma 10″ Open Skillet worth $99.99, you should too! http://www.akronohiomoms.com/archives/2606 You will have to ‘friend’ my personal account so I can verify.
- For 2 entries, become an AkronOhioMoms member by joining us with Google Friend Connect (on the right sidebar).
- For 2 entries, Grab my badge from below. Leave an address where it can be found.
- Become a fan of AkronOhioMoms.com on facebook and leave a message on the wall about this post.
- Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave a comment on which one(s).
- Leave a new comment on any other non-giveaway post, one per post, leave comment on which one(s).
- Follow akronohiomoms on twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You can Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day! You can copy and paste: Win a Xtrema 10″ Skillet – Healthy, Safe, & Green Cookware http://www.akronohiomoms.com/archives/2606
Get our Badge with this code: <a href=”http://www.akronohiomoms.com/” target=”_blank”><img border=”0″ width=”125″ alt=”Akron Ohio Moms” src=”http://www.akronohiomoms.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/aombadge125x1257.jpg” height=”125″/></a>
For complete contest rules, please see our Contest Statement and Blog Disclosure. Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on March 26th when a winner will be drawn at random and announced the next day. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Xtrema who supplied the products for the review and giveaway.