How do you rate when it comes to home fire safety? Take this Home Safety Audit to see how safe your home really is. When it comes to protecting your family from fire, there is no room for error.
Cooking is the leading cause of home fires and injuries in the USA. There are ways to be safe in the kitchen including:
- Keep cooking areas free of combustible materials
- Don’t leave food unattended while cooking
- Don’t drink alcohol while cooking.
- Keep a kitchen fire extinguisher mounted on the inside of a kitchen cabinet.
- Keep a list of emergency numbers nearby
- Keep kids and pets away from cooking areas by 3-foot safe zone
- Turn pot handles inward
- Keep appliances clean with no grease build up
- Use only UL rated appliances
- Never pour water on oil fire
- Never put metal objects into microwave
- Have a fire escape plan
Kidde Kitchen Fire Extinguisher Review
Put Kidde on your list for Home Fire Safety! There are others on the market but the Kidde Kitchen Fire Extinguisher is the ONLY special purpose fire extinguisher that is UL listed for residential cooking equipment. It is the only one designed to avoid cooking oil splashing with usage. If if you have to use it, don’t worry about the clean up. It is as easy as cleaning up baking soda.[slickr-flickr tag=kiddefire]
Our house had a fire extinguisher when we moved in but who knows how old it was or even if it is useable. The Kidde Fire Extinguisher has an Easy-to-Read Pressure Gage that tells you that it is charged and ready for use. I don’t know what would be worst, not having a fire extinguisher during a kitchen fire or having one that wasn’t charged! This unit will last 12 years, that’s 4 times longer than other brands!
The 2.5 pound weight of the fire extinguisher makes it light enough for you to use, even one-handed. Plus, the Kidde Kitchen Fire Extinguisher is on This Old House’s Top 100 Best New Home Products of the Year list!
Check out my other home fire safety posts on what you can do to keep your home and family safe.
Buy Kidde Kitchen Fire Extinguisher
Invest in your home fire safety by buying Kidde Kitchen Fire Extinguisher for your kitchen. It’s an investment that you won’t regret if you ever need it. It makes a thoughtful gift too. You can buy the Kidde Kitchen Fire Extinguisher at Home Depot.
Win Kidde Kitchen Fire Extinguisher (Cl0sed)
You have the chance to win Kidde Kitchen Fire Extinguisher!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on January 18, 2012 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Kidde who provided the products for review and giveaway.