This is National Mosquito Control Awareness Week – great timing, right? Mosquitoes are everywhere and can quickly turn a fun evening outside into a bad rush indoors! About 65% of us use bug spray to fight back but only about 1/2 of us think it does any good at preventing the nasty mosquitoes from biting our families and pets.
We all know how dangerous ticks are for our health but did you know that mosquitoes can transmit diseases and cause allergic reactions in both people and pets too? There are several things you can do so prevent mosquitoes in your yard this summer so that you can actually enjoy being outside with your family!
Keep Mosquitoes and Ticks Out of Your Backyard!
- Get rid of any standing water – Mosquitoes love standing water and like to lay their eggs near water. This includes kiddie pools – I remember thinking we had a bunch of tadpoles in our kiddie pool years ago only to realize they were baby mosquitoes!!!
- Keep your grass mowed – nobody likes a hay field except ticks!
- Bring mosquito and tick predators into your yard – nothing scary here – just place bat and birdhouses around so they can move in and eat nasty mosquitoes and ticks…. opossums also are awesome at getting rid of ticks and mosquitoes just not sure if you want to invite them to live in your yard although we have several with no problems.
- If you have a pond, stock it with Gambusia affinis, aka mosquito fish as they will eat mosquitoes and eggs in your pond – be sure your pond has flowing water and not stagnant.
- Consider hiring a professional lawn care company to address your pest concerns.
This is a sponsored post.
We do all of the above and it really helps! We us the TruGreen Mosquito Defense several times in the summer to fight off mosquitoes, ticks, and other pests in our yard. Honestly, it is the best way we have found to keep mosquitoes and ticks under control!
If you are a new customer, you can get your first lawn care application for just $39! The lawn pest control is a simple add-on to that too!
As with all TruGreen services, your satisfaction is 100% guarantee or your money back. All you have to lose are annoying lawn and household pests and insects.