Seasonal allergies can make you feel miserable. Getting the rest at night is essential, however allergy sufferers have a difficult time sleeping at night. There are many contributing factors that cause your allergies to worsen at night. Below are simple, all-natural steps on how to keep allergens out of your bedroom so you can get a better night’s rest.
How to Keep Allergens Out of Your Bedroom
- Wash bedding weekly in HOT water – hot water washes away tree pollen, dog dander, and dust mists more effectively.
- Cover your mattress with an antimicrobial mattress encasement to keep allergens from penetrating the mattress as well as dust mites.
- Use washable pillows and encasement – launder your pillows as well as the encasement regularly.
- Use a humidifier in every bedroom. Water binds to allergens which makes them so heavy that they fall to the floor so you don’t inhale them. Wash out humidifier daily.
- Vacuum regularly to sweep away allergens.
- Keep your windows closed to avoid letting in more allergens
- Run your furnace/AC filters and be sure to change your filters quarterly. Consider replacing your furnace filter with an allergen reducing filter.
- Dust often to wipe away dust and allergens.
- Shower before bedtime to wash away allergens. Dry off with a towel dried in the dryer – never hung out on a clothes line.
- Steam your bathroom -Keep the fan off to inhale the hot steam from your shower. Sprinkle eucalyptus essential oils on your cloth or mitt and wash your body. Breathing in the eucalyptus will clear your sinuses and soothe your throat. Turn the fan on after bathing to avoid moisture build-up.
All-Natural, Drug Free Allergy Relief
Once you have the allergens out of your bedroom, consider using an all-natural, drug free allergy remedy to make yourself feel better.
I received product and promotional items to facilitate this post.
ARM & HAMMER Simply Saline can give you relief from congestion and allergies – naturally.
Simply Saline is an all-natural, drug free allergy solution. It moisturizes and flushes away the allergens, dust, and other irritants from your nasal passages. This is a drug-free, all-natural way to treat allergies – it uses water and salt. If you already use an allergy medication, you can use Simply Saline with it for additional relief.
I like that ARM & HAMMER Simply Saline stays sterile inside the container. In the past, I would use a Neti Pot to treat my Fall allergies. However, after the cases of deadly brain infections reported last year, I wouldn’t even try it now. The infections were from individuals using tap water which allowed the amoeba Naegleria fowleri to attack. With Arm & Hammer Simply Saline, this is not an issue. Simply Saline is sterile, every single time you use it.
Using the products is super easy. You just insert the nozzle to your nose and spray the gentle mist. Repeat on the other side. Then, breathe in. It is so easy to do that my kids do it. Simply Saline even has product for babies.
Get relief this allergy season with the above tips for keeping allergens out of your bedroom and with the all natural, drug free relief of ARM & HAMMER Simply Saline and feel better soon!
Get free ARM & HAMMER coupons on the ARM & HAMMER website!
Win Arm & Hammer Seasonal Savings Gift Pack with $100 VISA Gift Card
You have the chance to win the Arm & Hammer Seasonal Savings Gift Park with $100 VISA Gift Card
- Two-Three (2-3) ARM & HAMMER products ** 2-3 products featured in the giveaway picture will be provided to winner based on product availability.
- Featured products include: ARM & HAMMER™ Sensitive toothpaste, from the makers of Orajel™, Spinbrush: ProClean Sonic, Tooth Tunes™, ARM & HAMMER™ Ultra Power 4X Liquid Laundry Detergent, ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda, ARM & HAMMER™ Simply Saline™ Nasal Relief, ARM & HAMMER™ Double Duty Clumping Litter
- One (1) $100 Visa Gift Card for purchasing more ARM & HAMMER products
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on October 25, 2013 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to ARM & HAMMER who provided us with product for review.who provided the products for review and giveaway.