No no, nothing is for sure folks. We recently saw an article in the Beacon Journal filled with assumptions that the WalMart store is moving form their cozy perch in the center of Montrose/Fairlawn out to the outskirts of the shopping mecca on Rothrock Road.
Oh, this might include SAM’S Club too (THE place to buy salsa, chicken, and toilet paper). This is NOT going to be a happy affair for the McMansions up and down the Rosemont country club area…
Below is a map of the assumed move.
Is there a building there on Rothrock now? No, of course not. Just some woods that back up to the highway. HHGregg would be just a little way down the street. As is Best Buy.
Good things about WalMart moving:
Bigger store- You can complain that WalMart targets lower income folks with cheap plastic versions of products. And that can be true- but LOTS of us shop at WalMart for staples, medicines, etc. They have an excellent system of getting products around the country fast- to be honest, if our Federal Government failed, I think I would suggest that the WalMart organization be in charge instead- atleast they do things efficiently. Mind you- a clean up in Aisle 4 does NOT qualify them to clean up the BP Oil Spill…. Anyway.
OK, Bigger store, that’s all I could think of for that move that would be good. Might be PURTIER.
Bad things about WalMart moving:
- Redesigning MORE roads to handle traffic
- Residents of RoseMont will get PRETTY upset. (Can’t have that! lol)
- We don’t need another empty building in Fairlawn. They are hard enough to fill!
- The old Fairlawn (Crosspoint now) Alliance Church lot between HHGregg and Best Buy will STILL have people turning around in the driveway because it looks like the HHGregg entrance (You’ve done it, I KNOW you have)
- OK, I can’t think of much more..
All in all, WalMart is an American institution- like it or not, and they like pretty new buildings. We like new houses too- just like the ones in Rosemont.
Have a beef? Share it below….