Just like well-visits to your child’s pediatrician, routine dental visits are important for kids and their ever changing teeth. Your child should have his first pediatric dentist visit by the age of 2 unless there is a concern earlier on. Parents should schedule a routine cleaning and exam every six months.
Why Dental Checkups are Important for Kids
- During biannual dental appointments, your child’s teeth will be examined for new developments in their teeth and gums, as well as address oral care strategies. Good at home care is important, however routine cleanings remove plaque and debris from hard to reach places.
- Routine checkups help prevent tooth decay and cavities. 40% of kids have tooth decay by the time they reach kindergarten, which can be painful, require sick days from school and could lead to other medical issues.
- Children’s teeth change rapidly – changes in a child’s diet, thumb sucking, etc can make them at risk for decay and misalignment quickly.
- Issues like crowded, missing, and crooked teeth can be addressed early on.
- Regular visits to your pediatric dentist gives your child a ‘dental home’ that they feel safe and comfortable in. This is especially important for emergency dental visits.
My family visits Dr. Adam Pollock twice annually in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio and we’ve been happy with our experience. They are very flexible with scheduling, especially if there is a dental issue that needs addressed immediately.
I received services to facilitate this post.
If you are looking for a pediatric dentist in the Cuyahoga Falls/Akron, Ohio area, consider Dr. Adam Pollock. It is where we go and have excellent care every visit. Read more about Dr. Adam Pollock Pediatric Dentistry.
Dr. Adam Pollock D. D.S. Pediatric Dentistry
1707 Portage Trail
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Saturdays 9am – 1pm
Dr. Adam Pollock Pediatric Dentistry is conveniently located in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, just minutes from Akron, Stow, Munroe Falls, Kent, Hudson, Peninsula, Tallmadge, Ellet, Copley, and Fairlawn, Ohio.
Visit Dr. Adam Pollock Akron Pediatric Dentistry online and Like Dr. Adam Pollock Pediatric Dentistry on Facebook.