Hey! I’m inviting you to church on Friday night, you’re to sit next to my family. Come along side us. This is an invitation- really!
We will be at Crosspoint Alliance Church in Fairlawn at 8pm on Friday, December 24th, 2010. Look for me – I’ve got the red hair and am chasing after my over-excited kids. (They will have just spent a day of gift opening with Grandma and Grandpa so they are sure to be exhausted and excited all at once!)
Where Is the Church
If you’re in town, you’ve heard about the mini controversy brewing regarding Copley Township, WalMart, SamsClub, and Fairlawn– on Rothrock Road near the temple of Best Buy. Fairlawn’s even closing some streets! CrossPoint Church is at the corner of Cleve-Mass Road and Rothrock Road -at the end of Rothrock close to the I-77 exit.
What happens on Christmas Eve at this church?
I just got an inside scoop from Pastor Tim Feather as to what’s involved. Here’s ya go so there’s no surprises!
The service will start at 8:00 and features the lighting of the Christ Candle of the Advent Wreath, singing some traditional Christmas carols and a few simple worship songs. Included is a dramatic presentation of O Holy Night / Two Nights – not sure what it is, but sounds interesting! We’ll end the night lighting candles and singing, as a group, around the perimeter of the church inside- this is a really beautiful tradition.
Christmas Eve by Candlelight isn’t going to have a sermon, but our good Pastor Tim is going to do something a bit more personal: He’s taking a look at what the nativity must have been like to one of the shepherd’s – a mundane life on the outskirts of society (they were riff raff) to come face to face to a thunderous choir of angels, and then, the face of God, in a manger. It sounds like he will be dressing up in Shepherd gear… We’ll have to see!
What about the people? They always ruin a good church
I’ve been attending Crosspoint since the last millennium. The people there are my friends. I cherish the relationships that I have there, and so does my husband Matt. They’ve been with us through some pretty tough times in years past – and that includes the leadership. If you’ve had a bad time at a church in the past – come with me. People are people are people wherever you go (and,psst… you’re one of them, and so am I), just make time for God at his point of entry – Christmas Night. You’ll be glad you did.
What else do I need to know?
- Do I dress up? Well, some Sunday’s I personally don’t get past wearing jeans. But, this is Christmas Eve, and I want to make it special for me, those around me, and my kids. So we’re dressing up a little bit, dress pants and a sweater.
- How long is it? It’s probably going to go a few minutes over an hour, but not too much.
- Where will you sit, so I can sit near you: We’ll be sitting on the RIGHT side of the worship center – so please find my red hair and tap me on the shoulder – I’ll make room.
- How big is the church? Well, there might be up to 200 people there. But if you come with your husband, 2 kids, and a dog, then 205 204.
- How early do I show up? 10 minutes is plenty of time.
- What about my kids? Although there’s usually nursery services on Sundays for ages newborn -4, that’s not happening on Christmas Eve. Its one big family affair! If your 3 year old starts screaming, you can take her to the nursery for a few minutes to calm down if you like.
If you have any questions, post a comment below, email me a cindy @akronohiomoms .com or get a hold of me some other way! I look forward to meeting you!