Looking for the most delicious, Best Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Look no further! This recipe is easy to make, taste delicious, and home-made goodness your family will love. It is Kid-Approved too!
This recipe is easy to moderate. It feeds 6.
- 2 pounds Sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup Margarine or butter cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- Cinnamon nutmeg, and salt to taste
- 1/2 bag large Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 °
- Peel and slice Sweet potatoes, boil under tender
- Place sweet potatoes in 8" square baking pan.
- Place margarine evenly over sweet potatoes
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly on top
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, as desired
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove and top with Marshmallows
- Bake for additional 5 minutes, marshmallows will be golden brown
The deflating marshmallows are fun to showcase to children- it teaches them what really goes into the food they are eating!
Enjoy promptly as the marshmallows will settle and “deflate” with time, however they will still taste delicious.
Comment Via Facebook