The combination of chocolate, cherries, and walnuts in this Chocolate Cherry Drops Cookie recipe is marvelous. This is a family favorite cookie recipe that I got from my mother-in-law years ago as it is my husband’s favorite. The cookies are soft, moist, and delicious. The recipe is moderate to easy.
- 1.25 cup butter, room temp
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups Unsifted flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cup chopped well drained maraschino cherries.
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla.Beat well.
- In a separate bowl: Mix flour cocoa, soda, and salt.Blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in cherries and nuts.
- Drop by tsp. fulls onto cookie sheet.
- Garnish with cherry or walnut halves if desired.
- Bake 350, 10 to 12 minutes, or until set.
This is a delicious chocolate cookie recipe to be enjoyed all year long, we especially like it at Christmastime. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk or cup of coffee.
Comment Via Facebook
2 thoughts on “Chocolate Cherry Drops Cookie Recipe”
I’m saving this recipe for future use. We LOVED the last recipe we used of yours so next time my family wants a new cookie, we’ll be trying these out!
These are my favorite. I like to keep them moist in a cookie tin and then MUSH them up after the season is over- makes a decadent one of a kind brownie.