|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 1 whole Amish Farm Fryer Chicken, cut up I shop at Acme Fresh Market for fresh Amish country chicken
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 cloves Garlic, minched
- 9 cups Swiss Chard
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated or shredded
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 400° F.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbps Olive oil together in a large cast-iron or other oven-proof skillet. Add whole cut-up chicken fryer pieces. Fry until crisp on both sides until crispy on outside. Remove and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter to same skillet. Add garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add in Swiss Chard stems and cook for 4 minutes. Add Swiss Chard leaves and cook until leaves shrink.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, cream and Parmesan. Add in lemon juice to taste. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet and stir Swiss Chard mixture around the chicken, covering chicken.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the thighs reach a temperature of 185°F and are tender and cooked all the way through.
The Swiss Chard comes fresh from The Chef’s Garden in their Eat the Rainbow Box.
Every item in the box is hand-picked for you when you place your order, giving you the freshest produce for your family. Plus, everything is extraordinary – The Chef’s Garden used to be exclusive to the restaurant industry, and just since the pandemic started shipping to end-users. Now, we can enjoy the fancy and delicious foods once only available to high-end restaruants.Swiss Chard is generally steamed or sauteed but you can eat the leaves raw in salads. Basically, any recipe that you use spinach or kale in, you can substutute with Swiss Chard. Swiss Chard will really switch up those recipes too with a milder, sweeter, and earthy flavor. For this recipe, I added a light Parmesan creamy sauce which really works well with the earty flavors of Swiss chard.I love one-pot or one-skillet meals because they are easy to prepare and fun to serve in – especially when you use cast iron. Everything is better in cast iron! I also love that I only have one skillet to clean at the end of this recipe. This recipe is low carb and full of nutrition. Swiss chard is packed with vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C and magnesium. Plus, it contains the antioxidants beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. If you are looking for a food that helps with the maintenance of many organs including the heart, lungs and kidneys, add Swiss chard to your diet.
I hope you enjoy my recipe as much as my family did. We only used about 1/2 of the Swiss chard that came in our Eat the Rainbow box, so we plan to either make this recipe or experiment again with another recipe. I’m thinking it would be good with a Tuscan themed recipe! Another thing that I love about the Chef’s Garden is that when we receive each box, we start getting creative and finding new recipes to try with all the speciality produce. Of course, like Swiss chard, many foods can just be substituted out ingredients with your family’s favorite recipes. I just love trying new recipes and I like that I’m giving my family new nutrients that they might not receive with the traditional rotation of produce that we get normally.
Order Farm to Doorstep Local Produce from Chef’s Garden
For the past 30 years, local Huron, Ohio farm, The Chef’s Garden has been supplying the nation’s most discerning chefs their produce. With recent changes in the restaurant industry, they are now offering their specialty and heirloom vegetables, herbs and microgreens to consumers direct to your doorstep!
Now is your chance to order Farm to Doorstep Local Produce from Chef’s Garden that was once only available to chefs! Order the Eat the Rainbow like we had above, noting that as the season changes, so does the produce. Choose between Small, Medium, or Large boxes depending on the size of your family.
You can also purchase by item. if you don’t want the Eat the Rainbox box above. They also have an Anti-Aging Mix and Chef Provision packs that include full meals with meat.
Browse The Chef’s Garden website to find gourmet restaurant quality specialty produce for you and your family.