Looking for a health eggplant recipe that your kids will love? Looking for a low carb, keto, hearty meal? You’ve found it with my Eggplant Turkey Casserole Recipe! This is a hearty recipe that gives your family plenty of potassium and fiber too. Plus, it taste delicious!
Eggplant Turkey Casserole Recipe
- 4-6 small Mixed Eggplant, sliced
- .5 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- .25 tsp salt
- .25 tsp pepper
- .5 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 lb Ground Turkey You can also use ground chicken or ground beef
- 24 oz Marinara Sauce
- .75 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- .5 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place eggplant slices on baking sheet and drizzle olive oil on each side of the eggplant slices. Season with salt and pepper. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until eggplant is hot and starting to cook down. Remove from oven.
- Heat 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add ground turkey and season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes until turkey is no longer pink. Add Marinara sauce, stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread .5 cup turkey marina sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add a layer of cooked eggplant.
- Repeat with another .5 cup turkey marina sauce and another layer of eggplant.
- Sprinkle on the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
The star of this recipe is eggplant! Not just any eggplant, we used Mixed Eggplant from The Chef’s Garden in Huron, Ohio. They have tested over 100 eggplant varieties and since they use to work exclusively with restaurants and chefs, they took their advice on what are the best varsities and now offer them in their variety package. Eggplants are ideal for both sweet and savory dishes. Today’s dish is savory!
This recipe is similar to a lasagna, we first bake all the eggplant slices, then we layer them in a casserole dish with eggplant, turkey sauce, and repeat. Finally, it’s topped with cheese – something that will make even picky kids gobble this recipe up!If you love serving comfort food to your family but want to make it a little healthier – this is the recipe for you. With layers eggplant and protein-rich turkey and mozzarella cheese, this will become a staple in your menu lineup.
Order Farm to Doorstep Local Produce from Chef’s Garden
Now is your chance to order Farm to Doorstep Local Produce from Chef’s Garden that was once only available to chefs! Check out all the recipes I’ve created for Chef’s Garden here.
You can also purchase in-season items. Browse The Chef’s Garden website to find gourmet restaurant quality specialty produce for you and your family.