The best way to get kids (and picky adults) to eat their vegetables is with a delicious casserole. Adding a variety of vegetables to your diet is key to good nutrition and a balance of what your body needs. This Farmer’s Vegetable Casserole Recipe is loaded with delicious Fall vegetables that your body is craving right now! It’s super easy to prepare and a guaranteed success on the dinner table or at your next potluck or holiday gathering.
Farmer’s Vegetable Casserole Recipe
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 whole leeks, cleaned and sliced use the white and green parts
- 1 onion, chopped
- .5 tsp salt
- .5 cup plain Greek yogurt
- .25 cup Chicken broth you can also use vegetable broth to keep this recipe vegeterian
- 5 small Chef's Garden squash, sliced
- 2 small Chef's Garden zucchini, sliced
- 2 ears corn, shaved
- .5 lb green beans, cut into 2" pieces
- .33 cup panko or bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Parmsean cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place a layer of sliced squash on prepared baking dish.
- Add a layer of sliced zucchini on squash.
- Add layer of sliced cherry tomatoes on top.
- Add layer of sliced green beans on top.
- Add layer of corn on top.
- Saute chopped leeks in olive oil. Remove from heat and combine with salt, Greek yogurt, and chicken broth. Pour over vegetables.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. If you sliced your vegetables thick, it will take longer to cook than if you slice thin.
I call this a “Farmer’s” casserole because all of the ingredients come from The Chef’s Garden, a local farm in Huron, Ohio that delivers farm-fresh vegetables to your door. Not only that, but they are unique, restaurant-quality vegetables and herbs that were once only available to top restaurants across the country. During the pandemic, when restaurants were closed, they started offering their specialty produce to consumers and I’m so glad they did!!! The star of this recipe are leeks. If you aren’t familiar with leeks, you might be surprised to learn that leeks offer a sweet flavor to recipes as well as an earthy flavor and a bit of heat with an onion flavor. It’s a complex vegetable that adds layers of flavor to any recipe.Their Mixed Squash package that includes a variety of squash and zucchini. What I like about Chef’s Garden is that the squash are smaller in size and have a thinner skin than you’d find elsewhere, making it easier to cook with.The Chef’s Garden also grows the most delicious baby cherry tomatoes in a variety of gorgeous rainbow colors that pop with flavor with each bite in this recipe.
There is nothing like the crisp bean flavor in a casserole, beans from The Chef’s Garden are harvested only after you order them so you know they will be super fresh when delivered to your door.
As you can see, this recipe is loaded with vegetables! The creamy sauce and crunchy topping completes this casserole, making it a favorite for kids and grown-ups alike! I hope you like it as much as my family does!
Order Farm to Doorstep Local Produce from Chef’s Garden
Now is your chance to order Farm to Doorstep Local Produce from Chef’s Garden that was once only available to chefs! Check out all the recipes I’ve created for Chef’s Garden here.
You can also purchase in-season items. Browse The Chef’s Garden website to find gourmet restaurant quality specialty produce for you and your family.