Nothing beats crispy Fried Zucchini – even kids love it! Enjoy this recipe as a fun side dish, as an appetizer, or movie-night snack with the family. So, even though this recipe is breaded and fried in oil, it might make you feel better knowing that there are some health benefits including valuable minerals, including calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and plenty of potassium.
I made delicious Fried Zucchini using a specialty zucchini that from Farmer Jones Farm at the Chef’s Garden.
They offer the same exact produce that restaurants and chefs across the country use in their recipes. Now they ship direct to consumers, giving you specialty produce not available to the general public until now! What I love about this specialty zucchini is the size, texture, and flavor. I was able to use both yellow and green baby zucchini and this specialty shaped zucchini.
All three are much smaller in size which means a milder and softer zucchini, it is so mild in fact that it can be consumed raw. For me, I love that this zucchini doesn’t have large seeds in the middle, so it is more enjoyable to eat. If you don’t like zucchini or if your kids refuse to try it, you’ve gotta try Farmer Jones Baby and Specialty Zucchini!
- 8 baby and speciality zucchini sliced
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1 cup Flour
- .5 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Slice zucchini in 1/2" slices
- Beat eggs with salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix together Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, slat & pepper, to taste.
- Cover each zucchini in flour, then dip in eggs, and in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil over medium heat, add zucchini slices and fry until brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
If you are interested in getting these amazing specialty zucchini varieties that I used, order a Best of the Season’s Box now. This is a local Huron, Ohio company but they ship nationwide!