Doesn’t this Pandoro Strawberry Shortcake Recipe look absolutely amazing?! Let me tell you, it’s as good as it looks too! Strawberry Shortcake is a really easy dessert to make for your family as well as take with you for family gatherings, picnics, and parties. I’ve taken it to two gatherings in the last two weeks! Instead of ordinary shortcake, I’ve discovered Pandora Di Vernoa is simply divine, offering this traditional dessert a new twist with a delicious lemon filling inside this traditional Italian cake.
The above photo is of the Pandoro Strawberry Shortcake made by Bauli.
- 2 pint fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur be liberal with this!
- For whipped cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Slice the strawberries, and stir with the sugar, lemon juice and liqueur. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your Pandoro by shaking it in the provided bag with the packet of powdered sugar.
- Combine heavy cream and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on high until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Slice the brown top and bottom off the Pandoro, and cut the loaf horizontally into 1½" star-shaped slices.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream onto the largest slice, and then spoon on half the strawberries.
- Repeat with a second slice of Pandoro, whipped cream, and remaining strawberries.
This recipe is easy enough for even the busiest of schedules. Start with the star of the recipes, a Bauli Pandoro Italian Cake. Slice into horizontal layers to create amazing star shaped slices. I took this recipe with me to a family party last week, please don’t mind the plastic table cloth! I wanted to show you just how easy this recipe is assemble away from home.
You’ll have no shortage of little helpers wanting to help shake the Pandoro cake with the powdered sugar that comes with it. Next, top with delicious sweetened strawberries. Since I try to make everything have a little less carbs, I used a sugar alternative, not sugar in my recipe. To make it easier for on-the-go transportation, I also opted for pre-made whipped cream instead of homemade.
This Pandoro Strawberry Shortcake Recipe was a hit with my family. Everyone loved the twist of using a traditional Italian cake with lemon cream filling instead of ordinary shortcake. It adds a whole new layer of flavor and deliciousness.
Everyone enjoyed it so much that I made it again last night for our church small group. Nobody had ever tried Bauli Pandoro Italian cake before and were so surprised at how delicious the combination is.
You can order Pandoro cakes online for about $19.
More Bauli Authentic Italian Desserts
Bauli’s Panettone Mini Oven Baked Cakes are also delicious alone or with fruit. These cakes have raisins baked right into them. You can also cut these cakes length wise for fun star shapes.
This recipe for Panettone “Shortcake” with Berries and Orange Ricotta looks amazing too.
You can purchase the Panettone cake online for about $9.
For a quick treat anytime, reach for Bauli Mini Croissants. They are oven baked with delicious fillings of chocolate or lemon cream.
You can purchase Bauli Mini Croissants online for about $23 for 6 bags.
Whip up something scrumptious with Bauli products for your family. You can find Bauli products at your local grocery store and online.
Get social with Bauli on Facebook and Twitter.