This Pumpkin Quick Bread with Apples and Pecan Streusel Recipe is an easy quick bread recipe filled with sweet-tart apple chunks and topped with a nutty pecan streusel. It is a tender and moist bread that can be enjoyed for breakfast or even as a dessert.
I just love traditional Fall pumpkin dishes including pumpkin bread, pumpkin rolls, and pumpkin pie. This year, I wanted to try something new, while still enjoying the traditional pumpkin flavors, so I added another Fall favorite – apples!
This is a sponsored promotion for Pillsbury®.
Pumpkin Quick Bread with Apples and Pecan Streusel Recipe
I enjoy using the convenient and delicious cake, bread, and muffin mixes from Pillsbury. I can create homemade desserts and bakery for my family in just minutes. Over the years, I’ve learned to make a recipe my own by customizing these boxed mixes with additional ingredients. Pillsbury allows me to spend less time in the kitchen so I can be with my family and celebrate more of the season and holiday with them.
For this Pumpkin Quick Bread with Apples and Pecan Streusel Recipe, I added just one crunchy, tart green apple to a boxed Pillsbury Pumpkin Quick Bread mix to totally transform the traditional pumpkin bread recipe into something new and delicious. The flavor combination is perfect, the apples are tender and add a bit of sweet and tart at the same time.
I also enjoy adding nuts to bread recipes, so I added a crunchy, nutty pecan streusel to create the ultimate pumpkin bread. If you don’t care for pecans, walnuts would taste great too.
This is an easy recipe that will make your family and friends think you spent hours preparing instead of just minutes. The secret is using Pillsbury Quick Bread Mix as your lead ingredient – it saves a ton of time and makes this a quick, easy, and delicious bread that you can make anytime.
Prep time is just about 15 minutes, giving you extra time this Fall season to celebrate more with your family and spend less time in the kitchen.
- 1 box Pillsbury Pumpkin Quick Bread
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (optional you could also use nutmeg)
- 1/4 c Brown sugar optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter 1/2 stick
- Set oven to 375° F. Spray 9x5 loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare Pillsbury Pumpkin Quick Bread mix as directed by combining mix, water, oil, and eggs.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Prepare Pecan Streusel in another bowl by cutting in small pieces of butter.
- Add to the butter: pecans, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. (For a sweeter bread, you can add 1/4 c brown sugar.)
- Pour pumpkin quick bread mix in greased loaf pan.
- Add pecan streusel mixture to top of quick bread mix, lightly press into the batter.
- Bake in heated oven for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. (If you use a different sized loaf pan, refer to Quick Bread box for bake time.)
- Let cool for 20 minutes, then loosen edges with a knife before removing from pan.
I hope you and your family will enjoy this Pumpkin Quick Bread with Apples and Pecan Streusel Recipe this Fall season. Bake a few loaves to give as gifts, they make excellent gifts for teachers, hostess, and neighbors.