My Ultimate Southern Cooked Greens Recipe makes a healthy and delicious side dish with any main course.
This superfood packed recipe is loaded with sturdy leafy greens including chard, kale, mustard, beet, collard, and turnip greens from The Chef’s Cupboard in Huron, Ohio. These cooking greens are rich in folate, calcium, dietary fiber, and vitamins E, A, K, and C.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||90 minutes|
|Passive Time||90 minutes|
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb cooking greens
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp course kosher salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan, preferably a cast iron over medium heat.
- Remove 1/2 bacon fat.
- Add vegetable oil, onion, and garlic. Cook on low heat for 7 minutes, stirring often.
- Add Cooking Greens, stirring to coat in oil mixture.
- Add chicken broth, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir and cover. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 90 minutes.
If you have never cooked greens before, now is the time to try! Loaded with nutrition and flavor, it makes a healthy side dish any time of year. With The Chef’s Garden Home Delivery, you can receive the best of the season’s fresh vegetables, herbs, microgreens, and cooking greens direct from their farm to your doorstep. Read my full review here.
Comment Via Facebook