When I found out about the new Ohio Booster Seat law going into effect last month, I knew that I had to share with you a great product for your kids safety. 48 states have incorporated a Booster Seat Law, so check into your local state’s laws. The laws are there to protect your kids. Basically, kids ages 5 to 9, who are under 4 feet 9 inches tall and less than 80 to 100 pounds, need to be in a booster seat for the best protection. Many kids will be between 8 – 12 years of age before they meet these height and weight requirements. Learn more about why your kid needs to be in a booster seat with this article.
Safety 1st provides families with the best child safety restraints available. They offer a great selection of child restraint products for infants through childhood. Their latest models incorporate the latest in safety features, accommodating growing kids longer in the 5 point harness system, the safest way to travel. We were thrilled to test drive the Safety 1st Go Hybrid™ Booster Car Seat as my son’s current booster seat has no 5-point harness system.
Safety 1st Go Hybrid™ Booster Car Seat
This car seat is a beauty from installation, to travel, to fit. From the Safety 1st website:
The Go Hybrid™ Booster Car Seat installs in less than a minute, making this car seat ideal for parents and children on the go! The seat starts out as a high back booster and will keep your child secure in a 5-point harness all the way up to 65 pounds. As your child gets ready to transition over to the adult seatbelt, the Go Hybrid™ Booster Car Seat converts to a backless booster that can accommodate your child all the way up to 100 pounds!
- Installs in less than a minute!
- 5-point harness system for use up to 65 pounds
- Converts to a backless booster
- Unique folding design is ideal for travel
- Convenient travel bag included
- Harness easily adjusts to best height without rethreading
- Equipped with SafeGuard Secure™ advanced restraint systems for ease of use and installation
Hands On Review of Safety 1st Go Hybrid Booster Seat
The seat comes with its own bag which is great for packing up for grandma’s, taking on trips for the rental car, and switching between cars at home.
See how flexible the product is below. This makes for great travel and a more streamlined fit. I think it is a remarkable idea especially for a booster. It makes big kids not feel like it is so much of a ‘car seat’ because they cannot feel a hard, padded back like they would a traditional car seat.
Installation is made easy by Safety 1st with their Safe Guard clip. It is easy to adjust too as each car’s latch system is different. Installing is really easy, just snap in the Safe Guard clip to the lower anchors and the top to the Top tether. You can also use your car’s seat belts. When you are not using the Safe Guard clip, it tucks neatly and out of the way into the booster seat base.
My son is a bigger sized 5 year old. I love that this seat can provide the 5 point harness protection up to 65lbs! This is the safest way to travel. Elijah had some complaints on being back in a harness system. I just explained to him that it is the safest way for him and that it is my job as his mom to keep him safe. He’s getting use to it now. He actually likes that his head has a place to rest when he falls asleep. I think that if you continue your child from a car seat to a 5-point harness system booster seat that you will not have the issue of kids feeling like they are ‘too big’ for the 5 point harness system. It is just a little difficult to go back to the harness after you’ve been away from it for a year already.
I only have 2 kids so fitting car seats in the back seat is easy. Sometimes, I like to pick up my niece to take her to the zoo and with Elijah’s old booster seat, I hardly could fit the 3 seats in the back. In fact, I hated to do it because all 3 car seats were leaning just a bit to get them all to fit, although tight and secure. Now, with the Safety 1st Go Hybrid Booster Seat, they can all 3 easily fit! The Go Hybrid is slim lined so it is not too big and bulky if you are trying to fit in 3 seats in the back.
Usually my kids are taking eachother’s toys in the back while I’m driving the car. On some occasions, I do look back and they are holding hands. It happens infrequently but I love, love, love it when it happens. The above picture is what I wish I saw on every trip in the car! I did not bribe them or promise them anything for the picture above, I was just a lucky mom. Elizabeth is sitting in her Safety 1st Complete Air™ Convertible Car Seat that we reviewed a couple months ago, she still loves it.
Buy Safety 1st Go Hybrid™ Booster Car Seat
You can buy the Go Hybrid Booster Car Seat in major retailers nationwide, including Sears for $199.99. You can also purchase it on Amazon.com by clicking below.
Win Safety 1st Go Hybrid™ Booster Car Seat (Closed)
Updated: 5/25/10 Winner Announced. Congratulations, Tabathia B, entry #420. You have 36 hours to respond to the email sent or another entry will be drawn.
You must visit Safety 1st website and leave 1 Comment Below on what you think about their booster seat products.
Extra Entries (do as many as you wish AFTER doing the above step and leave a corresponding comment below)
- For 7 entries, blog about this giveaway and link it back to this post and Safety 1st. Leave an address where it can be found. You can only do this once per contest.
- “Like” Saftey 1st on facebook (leave a comment on the contest if you like but not required)
- “Like” AkronOhioMoms.com on facebook (leave a comment on the contest if you like but not required)
- Follow Safety 1st on Twitter
- Follow AkronOhioMoms on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You can Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day! You can copy and paste: Win Safety 1st Go Hybrid Booster Seat $199 safety-1st-go-hybrid-booster
- Digg this article (icon at the top of article)
- Google Buzz this article (icon at the top of article)
- Yahoo Vote this article (icon at the top of article)
- Become an AkronOhioMoms member by joining us with Google Friend Connect (on the right sidebar).
- Enter any of my other current giveaways. Leave a comment on which one(s).
- Grab my badge from below. Leave an address where it can be found.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on May 23rd when I will draw a winner at random. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winner and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Safety 1st who supplied the products for the review and giveaway.