Road trips can be fun if you are prepared or a disaster when you aren’t. Besides making sure your up to date with your car maintenance and having a stock of snacks, below is my list of top 10 road trip essentials to keep everyone happy in the car.
I received a gift card to facilitate this post.
Top 10 Road Trip Essentials from Kohls
- Safety First. Kohls offers several items this season that puts safety first including this 12V rechargeable spotlight and 5 LED Headlamp. You should always be prepared for the unexpected flat tire, etc. Nobody wants to be in the middle of nowhere in the dark. This is a rugged, bright LED light with adjustable handle. Keep it in your car all year round.
- I like the GoGo Pillow because it is multifunctional. It can be used as a pillow – both square and a neck pillow. It can also hold your tablet (iPad, Note, Kindle Fire, etc). We use ours for our Kindle Fire. Just place it on the head rest of the seat in front of you. It provides a secure and easy way for my kids to watch their favorite shows while on-the-go.
- The Blueflame 2-Way Headphone Splitter is a must-have if you have more than one child that is watching a movie or playing a game during a road trip.
- Pick up headphones for anyone using electronics in the car – kids and even the passenger. A game or video might not seem loud but get a couple going at the same time and it isn’t only annoying but becomes a safety concern for the driver. I saw the iHome Marvel headphones at our local Kohl’s. I wrote a review at Easter on them and my son loves his!
- It seems like everything needs charged while on a road trip from cell phones to tablets to DS game systems. Be sure you are always prepared and avoid fighting about which item gets charged first by investing in a 4 port auto power strip. You can charge up to 4 devices at one time while you are driving down the road.
- At some point you and hopefully your kids will need to rest your eyes. Be sure to have a soft pillow to support your head and neck like this Samsonite Magic 2 in 1 Pillow. It can be a square or u-shape neck pillow and is available in a variety of colors.
- Even during a Summer road trip, pack a cozy throw blanket for your children. It gets cool with the AC on and children often enjoy getting cozy while napping in the car. Kohl’s has a variety of super soft Jumping Beans throws for both boys and girls.
- I learned many years ago a fabulous trick. When we are on a long road trip, like to Myrtle Beach this Summer, I pull out a new toy for my kids about 1/2 way through the trip. I wait until they are just starting to get bored/cranky. They get so excited to open a new toy and they enjoy that toy more than any that they bring from home. Kohl’s has a huge selection of road trip worthy toys and activity kits like this Avengers To-Go Kit and this My Little Pony Imagine Ink kit.
- Don’t forget to protect your eyes with sunglasses. Kohl’s has a huge selection of sunglasses for the entire family.
- Stay hydrated and healthier with travel mugs. We drink more water when we use travel mugs. You can find a fun mug for everyone like this Ohio State mug for me, Avengers for my son, and Disney Princesses for my daughter. They keep drinks colder longer too. Most gas stations and fast food locations will let you fill your mugs up with water for free!
I hope that my Top 10 Road Trip Essentials list from Kohls will help your next road trip to be more pleasant and enjoyable with your family!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Kohl’s who provided a gift card for review.