Do you have Spring Break plans yet? Consider the state of Michigan! Although there won’t be warm, sandy beaches as traditional Spring Break locations, there is a lot of natural beauty just waiting to be explored!
If you don’t bundling up, you and your family can experience a Spring Break like never before! Inspired by the Olympic Winter Games? Check out Crystal Mountain, one of the “top ten best ski resorts for families in the U.S. and Canada” by Conde Nast for amazing downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, ice-skating, ice hockey, fat tire bike trails & rentals, snowshoeing, as well as, children’s activities.
Spring Break in Benzie County “Northern Michigan Preserved” offers Sun, Snow, Celebrations and Explorations. Check out these upcoming events that may coincide with your Spring Break!
March 16 – 17, 2018 Celts and Kayaks St. Patrick’s weekend at Crystal Mountain promises kayaking down the mountain for adults with day long children’s activities at the Park at Water’s Edge. Late afternoon a DJ Party will begin, and after that, an evening adult concert featuring Brena, a six-member band performing oldies, current top-40 hits, classic rock, R&B, country and more.
March 23 – 24, 2018 Retro Weekend at Crystal Mountain Enjoy skiing challenges, fat tire bike racing, a DJ Party, BBQ and a karaoke contest while decked out in retro attire including neon, vintage sweaters, ringer tees, vintage jeans and more.
Many people don’t think to head north for Spring Break because they are headed for warmer temps. Skip the crowds and go for a truly unique and unforgettable time.
Things you can’t experience on the beach but can in Michigan:
- Ice climbing (where permitted)
- Ice Caves – Check out 2-3 stories tall icicles and ice caves formed by melting snow over the edge of cliffs at Eben Ice Caves near Marquette and Grand Island Caves
- Frozen Waterfalls – Check out more than 300 waterfalls including Tahquamenon, Munising, Hiawatha National Forest and Hungarian Falls
- Frozen Lighthouses – Choose from 129 including St. Joseph, Grand Haven, Charlevoix, Frankfort
- Winter Biking – Float over snow covered terrain on a fat bike at places like Noquemenon Trail Network, the TART Trails and the Deep Lake Trail at Yankee Springs Recreation Area
Although you may have to stay bundled up, the state of Michigan offers picturesque, unforgettable experiences for you and your family! Discover this and so much more in Michigan website.