Father’s Day is this Sunday, June 19, 2011. Do you have a gift for your dad, husband, or grandpa yet? Sometimes it is hard to think about what to get the special men in our lives. Sometimes the gifts they want the most are right in front of you, at your local Walmart!
What man can resist the new consumer electronic items at Walmart? Walmart has everything on your Father’s Day Wish list including Large LCD TVs, GPS, Digital Cameras, Game Systems and large selection of games, iPod, iPad, Laptops, Monitors, NOOK, Blu-ray players, Home Theatre Systems, Printers, and everything in between!
My kids and I headed to Walmart to find great items for their daddy and grandpas. It has been a while since I took time to browse the electronics section at Walmart. Actually, I was honestly impressed! I found a quite a few things that would be perfect for my husband and the grandpas.
1. Home Theatre System. Our receiver broke ages ago and we never replaced it. I’m so glad that I found the Home Theatre Systems at Walmart. They come with everything you need to enjoy surround sound at home. Family Movie Night would be even more exciting with this Father’s Day Gift, the whole family would enjoy it!
2. Blu-Ray Players. Our DVD player recently broke and we haven’t made it out to buy a replacement. Now that I found that Blu-Ray Players are really affordable at Walmart, I might make the switch for our family. Wouldn’t a new Blu-Ray Player with a Home Theatre System be the ultimate Father’s Day gift?!
3. My parents were shopping around for TVs this past month. The deals at Walmart couldn’t be beat. Wouldn’t my husband flip if he opened up a huge 73″ flat screen TV for Father’s Day?! A new TV would certainly make any Father’s Day Wish List!
4. iPad. Isn’t the iPad on everyone’s wish list? You can buy the iPad at Walmart at a great deal. My husband just told me to add it to his wish list. 🙂
5. Walmart has all the latest and greatest electronics including eReaders. Wouldn’t your husband or dad like to get their hands on the new nook color or amazonkindle? I’m in trouble ladies, my husband has his eye on this post and is happy that the eReaders are on the list! At least with Walmart, you know you are getting the best deals without the hassles of shopping around.
6. On a more affordable and equally fun note, Walmart has all the latest games for every game system around. If you aren’t sure what games are good, just ask the salesperson. They always give great advice based on what sells the best and what your man’s interests are. I always use their advice and have never gone wrong. Giving your husband or gaming dad a new game for Father’s Day will thrill them. They like to have fun too, you know!
7. I’m the shutterbug in our family, however my father-in-law enjoys photography. Walmart has a great selection of digital cameras and video cameras to choose from. This is a very fun gift to give too that will be used over and over and over, especially if you have cute kids that grandpas and dads can’t resist taking photos of!
Now that my husband is eyeballing this post, I can’t come out and say what I plan to get him. I can say that it is on this list and it is not a new camera. 🙂
Growing up, for Father’s Day we would visit both of my parent’s dads for great family time. It is hard on them now because they have lost both their fathers. I can’t imagine the pain of losing my dad. We use to always make cards for my dad and treat him extra special on Father’s Day but didn’t really go all out with gifts. One year, we did get him a CB from Radio Shack. It was a big hit as he use to be a police officer and knew all the codes and what they meant. This Christmas, I bought him a flight simulator computer game. His facebook status is always “flying my cessna”, I swear it’s his favorite gift ever!
I think any gift that makes your dad happy and brings the family together is a winner. Finding those gifts for a great price will make him happy too. Check out Walmart this Father’s Day, you might be surprised at what you find.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Walmart and received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.