The average kid eats 1500 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches before graduating from high school! By making your own, fresh, home made peanut butter, you know it is all natural and good for your family.
If your kid loves peanut butter, he will enjoy learning first hand how it is made. Let your child help with this easy recipe.
To Make One Cup of your very own peanut butter…
- 2 cups shelled peanuts
- 2 teaspoons butter or peanut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or more (to taste)
- Boil water in medium size saucepan.
- Boil nuts for 1 minute
- Remove skins.
- Blend nuts* in blender on High for 1 minute. Scrape nuts down the sides of the blender
- Spin nuts in blender for 1 more minutes
- Add butter or peanut oil and salt.
* For crunchy peanut butter, save back 1/3 of the nuts. Process these nuts to coarsely ground. Stir in last.
Let your kids experiment with the texture and flavor by adjusting the time in the food processor, and amount of nuts held back to make it as crunchy as they like. Afterward, enjoy a peanut butter & jelly sandwich together.
Comment Via Facebook
3 thoughts on “Make your own all natural peanut butter!”
Will definitely have to try this recipe!
I love this recipe. I will definitely try this as soon as I buy some peanuts. Some of those name brand peanut butters have ingredients in them that I can’t even pronounce. Homemade would have to be better for us nutritionally. Thanks for posting this.
Hmm… I’ve never thought of MAKING peanut butter before! We’ll try this out sometime too!