Pumpkin Crunch is a great fall or anytime dessert. The recipe is easy.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Crunch:
- 1 large can pumpkin pie mix, about 3 cups
- 3 eggs
- large can evaporated milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 sticks margarine
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease and line 9”x13”x2” pan with wax paper.(Wax paper not needed if being left in pan.
- Mix together pumpkin pie mix, eggs, evaporated milk, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture evenly.
- Pour nuts over cake mix.
- Drizzle melted margarine over nuts.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes.
- Invert into tray and slowly peel off wax paper.
- Frost with icing when cool.
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 cup cool whip
- 1 1/4cup powdered sugar
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Nuts (optional)
- Blend and spread on cake.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or nuts on top.
Keep this dessert refrigerated.
Comment Via Facebook
2 thoughts on “Bob Hope’s Pumpkin Crunch Recipe”
Nope, pumpkin pie mix ot the same as a can of pumpkin. This has all of the seasonings you need to make a pumpkin pie from the can. It’s an easy cheat for pumpkin pie or this yumm-o dessert.is n
When you say a large can of “pumpkin pie mix”, do you mean just the big can of pumpkin? I am definitely keeping this recipe. I am a pumpkin fanatic. lol. I even like the pumpkin pie blizzard at dairy queen 🙂