Last night, my family and I had the pleasure to sit down together and preview “The Mighty Macs” movie, which will hit the big screens nationwide tomorrow. All four of us gave it 2 thumbs up! It’s hard to find a movie that entertains adults and kids of varying ages – we have a four year old and a nine year old. The Mighty Macs totally fit the bill, and was packed with loads of life lessons to boot!
A Little About the Movie
The Mighty Macs is based on the real-life story of Cathy Rush, the inspiring coach of a newly formed women’s basketball team at tiny Immaculata College. The movie takes place in 1971, when organized women’s sports were few and far between and not given much attention. But Coach Rush took her brand new, rag-tag team that didn’t even have a gymnasium in which to practice, all the way to winning the first National Collegiate Women’s Basketball Championship.
As you can guess, the process of doing so was not easy or without major hurtles. It was truly inspirational to watch how, under the tough, but loving guidance of Coach Rush and Assistant Coach Sister Sunday, these college athletes began to thrive on the court, and learn amazing lessons about working as a team, the value of true friendship, and the ability to surpass insurmountable odds if you insist on making your dreams come true.
Why We Liked The Mighty Macs So Much
- It was well-written and well acted, with humor and hardship, and all done with a family-friendly “G” rating.
- The movie was chock-full of great lessons for kiddos like:
- Follow your dreams, and don’t give up!
- Sometimes you have to fight and work for what you believe in
- True friendship is an amazing gift
- Have faith in yourself, your team, your abilities, and God’s plan
I would encourage you to take the time to see this great story. You can log onto The Mighty Mac website to find which theaters near you are playing this fantastic movie. With a powerful story line, and an all-star cast including Carla Gugino, David Boreanaz, NBA referee Ed Rush, Marley Shelton, and Academy Award and Tony Award winner Ellen Burstyn, you won’t be disappointed!
Win a Signed The Mighty Macs Movie Poster (Closed)
The Mighty Macs is giving one of their movie posters autographed by the film’s stars to a lucky Akron Ohio Moms.com reader. Will it be you?
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on November 4, 2011 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Mighty Macs who provided the products for review and giveaway.