I love turning on my slow cooker in the morning before I head out for a day of activities, and arriving home close to dinner time with a great tasting meal already made. It’s almost magical! Here’s my family’s favorite BBQ pork rib recipe. Hope you like it too!
Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Ribs
- Around 3 # pork ribs (boneless pork loin, western or country style ribs – your choice)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 bottle BBQ sauce (We prefer Sweet Baby Ray’s)
- 1/2 bottle or can of beer OR ginger ale
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat, and add a single layer of the ribs.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Brown on all sides. Do the same with any left over ribs.
- Add chopped onion to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a layer of ribs on top of the onions.
- Cover each rib with BBQ sauce.
- Add the next layer of ribs, and coat with BBQ sauce and repeat until all ribs are in slow cooker.
- Add the beer OR ginger ale.
- Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours, or high 4-5 hours (They’ll fall off the bone especially well if cooked on low setting).