We were watching Marriage Ref tonight and one of the debates involved Captain Crunch Crab Cake. Here is a great recipe for Crab Cakes that you could turn into a Captain Crunch Crab Cake
Captain Crunch Crab Cake Recipes
- 2 cups bread Captain Crunch crumbs or crumbled2 cups lump crab meat, or fresh boiled crab meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning, or any seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 cup minced tomato
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/2 cup minced red pepper
- cilantro or parsley leaves, chopped
- lemon juice
- oyster crackers
How to Make Captain Crunch Crab Cakes at Home
- Place Captain Crunch crumbs in a large mixing bowl. Captain Crunch crumbs may be made at home by crumbling it into the bowl.
- Crack egg and stir into crumbs.
- Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir until the ingredients are well mixed. If using lemon juice, stir a little in with these wetter ingredients
- Add seasonings (salt, pepper, Old Bay, creole seasoning) and whisk until the “dough” has an even consistency.
- If using any of the optional vegetables, mince and stir in here. Celery or red pepper should be used, but not both. The same goes with parsley and cilantro. Tomato is a delicious addition to this recipe, and makes the crab cakes much tastier.
- Stir all of the ingredients together well until evenly mixed.
- Squeeze crab meat to drain juice out of it. With hands, work the crab meat into the dough by kneading and folding it in.
- Make five to ten patties with hands. Press on them from all sides to make them tight, and keep them together.
- Fry in a skillet with butter over medium heat for about five minutes on each side. If they are thicker, they may need to be fried a few extra minutes. Also, the patties may be baked in an oven. Place in oven at 375 degrees for about ten minutes. It may help to take them out and flip them at some point.
These may be served on a bun with lettuce, tomato, and tartar sauce, or eaten as they are when finished cooking. Tartar sauce goes well with crab cakes. For very spicy cakes, try including minced habanero or jalapeno pepper in the dough. Hot sauce and horseradish also may be used in the dough to spice up the crab cakes. Crumbled crackers (Saltines, Club crackers, or oyster crackers) may be substituted for the Captain Crunch, resulting in a boring, crunchier, buttery-tasting crab cakes. Mixing cracker and bread crumbs also works well.