Adding Eagle Brand® to your Christmas and holiday baking makes everything more delectable. Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk is perfect for preparing all of your family’s favorites including fudge, pies, cookies, cakes, sauces, and other desserts. Because of the special blend of milk and sugar, you’ll find that everything taste better with Eagle Brand. Last night, I tried a new Eagle Brand recipe that got rave reviews from my family.
My husband said, “This is a Restaurant Quality dessert“.
My son said, “Can I have more?! This is good!”
My daughter said, “I like your food, Mommy.“
Caramel Apple Streusel Squares Recipe
The Caramel Apple Streusel Squares Recipe looked delicious and easy enough, so I made it for a special dessert for my family. I don’t often prepare mid-week desserts so when I do, it is always a welcomed surprise and treat. This recipe is easy and didn’t take long to prepare. I actually had ingredients already had on hand as the ingredients are simple – it is the combination that rocks!
I honestly didn’t expect the rave reviews that I received with this recipe. As I said, the ingredients seemed simple enough. The Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk made all the difference – I even used the Low-Fat version! The Caramel Apple Streusel Squares was rich with caramel and full of flavor. It was an indulgent dessert that everyone loved. I will be bringing this Caramel Apple Streusel Squares recipe to the next gathering we attend!
Caramel Apple Streusel Squares Recipe Ingredients
- 2-1/4 c Flour (Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour is recommended)
- 1-1/3 c Quick-cooking Oats
- 2/3 c Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1 c Cold Butter, cut up (2 sticks)
- 5 Medium Cooking Apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (I use both red & green apples)
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk (I used Low Fat version)
- 1 (12 1/4 oz.) jar Smucker’s® Caramel Flavored Topping, divided (We didn’t use the whole jar)
- 1 c Walnuts, chopped
- Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
Caramel Apple Streusel Squares Recipe Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg into a large bowl. (Smells so good!)
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, use either a pastry blender or two knives
- Reserve 1 3/4 cups crumb mixture; press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- ARRANGE apples over partially baked crust.
- Mix sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 c caramel topping until blended. (Lick spoon – this is sooo yummy!)
- Pour evenly over apples. Add walnuts to reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over apple layer.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream and remaining caramel topping. (We enjoyed ours with whipped topping since we were out of ice cream and it was delicious!!)
Recipe courtesy of Eagle Brand, find full recipe on Eagle Brand website.
Christmas & Holiday Recipes
If you are looking for new and festive Christmas and holiday recipes, check out these Eagle Brand Recipes. If they are 1/2 as amazing as the one I prepared, you will be sooo satisfied! Below are a few dessert recipes that I thought looked delicious. There are even recipes for add-ons that you could easily add to your existing favorite holiday recipes like homemade caramel sauce and homemade ice cream!
Baked Pumpkin Custard
Perfect Pumpkin Pie
White Chocolate Cranberry Bread Pudding
Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake
Homemade Caramel Sauce
Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Cinnamon Spiced Cafe Latte
Caramel Apple Ice Cream
Vanilla Ice Cream
Buy Eagle Brand
Be sure to pick up Eagle Brand products the next time you are at your grocery store for all of your Christmas and holiday baking needs! It is the key ingredient that makes any recipe extra delicious!
Win Eagle Brand Gift Pack $250 Value
You have a chance to win an Eagle Brand Gift Pack worth $250! It includes everything you need to create your perfect Christmas and holiday bakery!
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk – Regular, Low Fat and Fat Free varieties
- $100 Gift Card to Wal-Mart
- Bakers Box Packaging Set – perfect for boxing up your new treats!
- Spice Measuring Spoons
- Baking Scale
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook
30 Day Winning Rule applies. For complete contest rules, please see our Contest Statement and Blog Disclosure.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on December 27, 2012 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Eagle Brand who provided the tickets for review and giveaway.