This dish comes together quickly and is nice enough to serve when company comes over. Make it with or without mushrooms. If you don’t have cooking Marsala on hand, you can sub in dry sherry without sacrificing flavor. Serve with rice, noodles, or a warm loaf of crusty bread.
Chicken Marsala Recipe Ingredients:
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 C. flour
- 1/4 tsp. dried crushed marjoram
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 C sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. diced green onion
- 3 Tbsp. margarine or butter
- 1/2 C. chicken broth
- 1/2 C. dry Marsala cooking wine or dry sherry
Chicken Marsala Recipe Directions:
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Pound each chicken breast to 1/8 inch thickness.
- On a large plate, stir together flour, marjoram,salt and pepper.
- Lightly press chicken pieces into flour on both sides; shake off excess flour mixture.
- In skillet, cook mushrooms and green onion in 1 Tbsp. margarine/butter until tender. Remove mixture from skillet.
- In the same skillet, cook chicken in remaining margarine/butter over medium heat for 4 minutes or until cooked through, turning to brown evenly.
- Add mushrooms and onion back to skillet.
- Add broth and Marsala and cook uncovered 2-3 minutes until mushroom mixture thickens slightly. Stir occasionally.
- Remove chicken from skillet and place on platter. Pour remaining sauce over chicken before serving.