I found this Chocolate Chip Cookie Squares with Oats & Caramel Recipe on the Pillsbury website, it was actually a Bake Off Contest recipe. I made it for a recent pot luck gathering and it was a huge hit. The mixture of Chocolate Chips, Oats, and Caramel is genius! Using Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookies makes this recipe super simple.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Squares with Oats & Caramel Recipe Ingredients
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookies (I used the larger size roll, added 30% more to the recipe and made this in a 9×13 dish)
- 1 cup Quick-cooking oats
- Dash salt, if desired
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 5 TBS Flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup Chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Squares with Oats & Caramel Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break up cookie dough in bowl
- Stir or knead in quick oats and salt (optional)
- Set aside 1/2 cup dough for topping.
- Press remaining dough mixture evenly in bottom of ungreased 9″ square dish to form crust.
- Bake 10 – 12 minutes or until dough puffs and appears dry.
- Sprinkle walnuts and baking chips evenly over crust.
- Mix caramel topping, flour and vanilla until well blended.
- Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture.
- Crumble reserved 1/2 cup dough mixture over caramel.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Run knife around sides of pan to loosen bars.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
- Store tightly covered.