General Mills has a new cereal out that will delight chocolate lovers young and old. Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch just hit the store shelves this month, delivering the delicious taste of brownies “baked” into every bowl. My family had the chance to check out the new Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch and give it a thumbs up!
There has been a debate in my house about “sugar” cereals. I did a little research on the Big G Grow Up Strong Website and the Whole Grain Nation Website about how healthy pre-sweetened cereals are. This is what I learned:
- A cereal breakfast, like Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch and skim milk, is one of the lowest calorie options for breakfast compared to doughnuts, bagels, eggs with bacon, or biscuit sandwiches.
- Most Big G Kid Cereals offer at least 10 key nutrients and make up of only 5% of a kid’s calorie intake, even the pre-sweetened ones.
- 9 out of 10 kids don’t get the recommended 3 servings of whole grain. With Big G cereals, your kid will get at least 8 grams per serving.
- 3 out of 4 kids are not getting the recommended levels of calcium & vitamin D. General Mills Big G kid cereals provide 10% of the Daily Value of both calcium and vitamin D in each serving. Add ½ cup skim milk and your kids get 25% of the Daily Value of both calcium and vitamin D.
So, my kids get the green light on Big G cereals. We not only enjoy cereal for breakfast, but sometimes for a quick afternoon or bedtime snack. The new Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch is a low calorie way for moms to get their chocolate fix too.
Win Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch Prize Pack (Closed)
Updated: 7/27/11 Winner Announced: Monique Rizzo
General Mills is giving you the chance to win a Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch Prize Pack.
- One box of the new Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch cereal
- Two cereal on-the-go containers
- Cocoa Puffs frisbee
Important Links to enter this contest:
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on July 10, 2011 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. The Cocoa Puffs Brownie Crunch product, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark.