If you like to wow your family on special holidays, I have the recipe for you. This is a perfect bread for your Easter dinner, to take to an Easter family gathering, or to give as an Easter gift. Everyone will fall in love with the adorable and delicious Easter Bunny Shaped Bread. If your kids love to help in the kitchen, use this recipe as a great bonding time with them. There is always something in every recipe for kids to participate in.
This recipe is moderate to difficult.
- 1 1/2 c unbleached flour
- 2 pkgs active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 c evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/2 c margarine — melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c unbleached flour * (Combine 3 more cups additional unbleached flour to make a stiff batter)
- 1/2 c raisins
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, and salt in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a skillet, heat evaporated skim milk, water, 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup margarine until very warm 120-130 degrees.
- Gradually add to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour. Beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Place in a mixing bowl coated with cooking spray.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap Refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- On lightly floured surface, divide dough into 15 pieces.
- Roll each into a 20-inch rope.
- Divide each rope into: 1 12-inch (body), 1 5-inch (head), and 3 1-inch (ears and tail) strips.
- Knead pieces into balls to make body and head; knead and shape ears, feet, & tail. Use a knife to make toe slits on feet.
- Attach pieces to the body.
- Use raisins for eyes and nose.
- Place bunny on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks.
Hint: You may use your favorite white or wheat bread recipe.
Comment Via Facebook
8 thoughts on “Easter Bunny Shaped Bread Recipe”
It’s great for anytime in the Spring, not just Easter. 🙂
Cindy, that is way too cute…I love great food art, this will be a must at our next family gathering
And kids really, really love it!
This is so cute!!
I have never attempted to make bread before. This looks like it would be fun and neat for my daughter and I to do.
This is 2 cute but not sure I’m up to the challenge of homemade bread yet!
How cute! My grangchildren would love having bunny shaped bread at any time of the year.
New follower from FFF on MBC.