My kids like candy bars, they would love it if I put one in their lunch box every day for school! My kids pack their lunches and are required to bring along 2 snacks to school. I have been on the lookout for snacks that are healthy, will provide energy, and are tasty. I’ve found it all with the new PROBAR HALO bars.
PROBAR HALO Bars Review
Essentially, PROBAR HALO Bars are healthy candy bars. Finally, a candy bar that will satisfy your sweet tooth with zero grams of guilt! It is the snack that I feel good about giving my kids. They come in 4 delicious flavors: S’mores, Nutty Marshmallow, Rocky Road, and Honey Graham.
Why are PROBAR HALO Bars so good for you?
PROBAR offers REAL FOODS, including their new certified organic HALO Bars. HALO Bars are low-in-sugar, dairy-free/Vegan, a good source of Omega 3 & 6, all natural, contain no preservatives, and only 150 calories per bar.
If you compare a HALO Bar against a typical candy bar, you’ll see the difference immediately.
- HALO Bars give you a constant supply of energy over a longer time of 1-1/2 – 3 hours because it contains Brown Rice Syrup. Brown Rice Syrup has low glycemic value that does not cause a sudden spike in blood sugar like other candy bars that contain high fructose corn syrup. Other candy bars give you a sudden rush then a crash.
- HALO Bars contain Flax Seed which is very high in alpha linolenic acid (ALA) which is an Omega-3 fat. This helps protect against heart disease, cancer, diabetes, high-blood pressure, and provides comparable cholesterol-lowering benefits to statin drugs. Candy bars don’t!
- Candy bars contain partially hydrogenated oils that interfere with the body’s natural ability to ingest and use good fats while also preventing absorption of vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids.
Why we like HALO Bars
My family has had the opportunity to sample the PROBAR HALO Bars and all agree that they are yummy! I like that I can give these snacks to my kids and they think it is a treat and I know it is healthy for them!
My favorite is Rocky Road because I can never resist a good chocolate bar. It is a very satisfying bar with good texture, and full of flavor. The flavor combination of chocolate, peanuts, marshmallows, and and yummy oats.
We make S’mores all the time in our backyard, although I’m sure they are not as healthy as the S’more HALO Bar! This bar offers the favorite flavor combination of graham crackers, marshmallow, and chocolate. Who can resist?
The Honey Graham HALO Bar has become my daughter’s favorite with the graham and honey combination. It is a lighter bar with just the right amount of sweetness.
The Nutty Marshmallow HALO Bar is my other favorite. I like nutty bars! This has a great consistency and is packed with nuts and sweet marshmallow flavor.
The HALO Bars are denser in consistency than a typical candy bar, however they offer the same sweetness that people are craving. There is no comparison in nutritional value, the HALO Bar is a health food, not junk food. I like this option as something to pack in my kids’ lunch boxes, provide for in-school snacks, after-school snack, and especially when we go hiking on trails together as a family.
PROBAR HALO Bars Takes Best in Show Video
It’s not just me, many people like the taste of HALO Bars. They won Best New Vegan Product at the 2011 Expo West, the world’s largest natural foods and products convention.
Buy PROBAR HALO Bars
You can buy Buy PROBAR HALO Bars on the PROBAR website for $1.59 each or $16.68 for a 12 pack.
PROBAR is giving AkronOhioMOms.com fans a special one-time 40% off discount code. Shop at http://theprobar.com/shop and enter the PROBAR Coupon Code: BLOGGER at checkout.
You can also buy online at Amazon.com.
Win PROBAR HALO Bars (Cl0sed)
PROBAR is giving you the chance to win a mixed box of PROBAR HALO Bars! ($20 value)
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on October 23, 2011 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to HALO Bars who provided the products for review and giveaway.