My husband swears he lived on pineapple oatmeal bars prepared by his mom growing up, so, I’ve dubbed this the 1980s Pineapple Oatmeal Bar Recipe!
Pineapple Oatmeal Bars are great for snacks or even breakfast. You may substitute the pineapple pie filling for your favorite flavor. The recipe is easy.
* 1 cup flour
* 1 cup brown sugar
* ¾ tsp salt
* 1 cup shortening
* 2.5 cups oatmeal
* 1 can Pineapple pie filling
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and oats.
- Cut in or blend with hands shortening.
- Pat in 2/3 of mixture onto cookie sheet.
- Spread on pineapple filling.
- Pat remaining dough on top.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
Comment Via Facebook