This recipe is courtesy of The Original Brat Hans® and made with their sausage. This recipe serves 6-8 people and is moderate in difficulty.
Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya Recipe
Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 lb The Original Brat Hans® Spicy Andouille Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 lb ham, cubed
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup seeded and diced tomato
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced OR 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tsp diced fresh oregano
- 1 tsp diced fresh thyme
- 2 TBSP tomato paste
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups long-grain rice, rinsed
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 dashes hot sauce, optional (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions/ scallions, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pound medium shrimp, deveined
Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya Recipe Instructions:
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Saute sausage in oil for 8 – 10 minutes, until browned.
- Remove the sausage and set aside.
- Add the ham to the same pot and cook 8 – 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove the ham and set aside with sausage.
- Add butter, onion, peppers, and celery to the same pot. Saute for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add tomato, garlic, jalapeno or cayenne, oregano, thyme, and tomato paste. Cook until all the vegetables and herbs are well blended.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Add the sausage, ham, bay leaves, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of the scallions, 1/4 cup of the parsley, the lemon juice and shrimp.
- Remove from heat with covered pot and allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with the leftover scallions, parsley, and a dash of hot sauce, if desired.
Comment Via Facebook