Sweet Potato Pie is a great alternative or accompaniment to Pumpkin Pie at Thanksgiving. This pie is a no-bake pie recipe that is to remain chilled. The recipe is moderate to easy. And well, if you were Albert Einstein, it’d be REALLY easy! Of course, he hated school, and probably loathed Home Economics..
- 1.5oz. Softened cream cheese
- 2 cup mashed yams (canned or fresh cooked)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. Light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 baked and cooked 10” pie shell
- Pecan halves (optional)
- In large bowl, soften cheese.
- Add yams.
- Blend in sugar and spices, mix well.
- In separate, CHILLED bowl, whip till stiff.Add vanilla.
- Gently fold into mixture.
- Pour into pie shell, chill 3-4 hours.
- Decorate with Pecan halves if desired.
- Can be served with whipped topping.
Comment Via Facebook