10 Tips to Ease Back-to-School Stress
Lifestyle Mom, Dana Hilmer offers tips to ease back-to-school stress.
- Eat a nutritious breakfast – this includes moms too!
- Schedule down time – it is as important as other after-school activities
- Organize the night before to free up mornings
- Have healthy snacks available for after-school
- Treat “me time” as a priority
- Create a to-do list, setting priorities
- Plan week days dinners on Sunday night
- Say no without guilt
- Keep family healthy during cold & flu season by eating well, sleeping enough, and washing hands
- Create a support network for yourself
#1 Eat a Nutritious Breakfast
The #1 tip for me from the above tips is to eat a nutritious breakfast – moms included. With our busy lives and all the studies that show how important breakfast is, we should always take time for breakfast. I would never send my kids to school without a nutritious breakfast, however, I often get so busy that I often don’t take time to eat the breakfast I know I should.
I was just introduced to belVita, they are soft baked breakfast biscuits. belVita biscuits are a convenient and nutritious way to start the day. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating. I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for belVita.
We recently went to Cape Cod for vacation. I packed a couple boxes of belVita for those busy mornings.
We went to the beach first thing one morning, so I brought along belVita Oats & Chocolate biscuits and fruit for breakfast. What a treat on the beach! They taste like no other ‘breakfast bar’ I’ve tried. I like that they are soft baked and hearty. Although great for breakfast, it also makes for a hearty snack in the afternoon as well.
I love that that contain 20% daily value of fiber and 11 grams of whole grain per serving. Plus, there is no high fructose corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oil, and no artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners. I can feel good about grabbing a belVita for myself and entire family for breakfast. Pair it with fresh fruit and you’ll be good to go until lunch time!
Whether you are a busy mom on the go or on vacation, this is a delicious and nutritious option for breakfast or snack time.