Breakfast is one of my family’s favorite meals, in fact, we often have it at dinnertime! I created this Very Berry Baked French Toast recipe over the years by combining various recipes. It is a crowd favorite every time and can be prepared the night before.
I received product to facilitate this post.
When I cook and bake, I use the best ingredients available to get the flavor and quality I want for my family. I have been a devoted fan of Eggland’s Best eggs for years. They not only taste better but contain less saturated fat and more nutrition than other brands. Eggland’s Best eggs are the perfect way to make healthy changes, especially now during American Heart Month.
Very Berry Baked French Toast Recipe
Very Berry Baked French Toast Recipe Ingredients
- 10 slices of Texas Toast Bread
- 1-1/2 cups Milk (You may use Skim to make this recipe more heart healthy)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4-5 Egglands Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Butter or margarine, melted (Use light versions for healthier version)
- 1 cup Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Confectioners Sugar (optional)
- Strawberries (optional)
- Maple Syrup (optional)
Very Berry Baked French Toast Recipe Directions
- Melt butter on low heat, pour into 9×13 pan
- Stir together sugar, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle 1/3 of mixture over melted butter.
- Whisk together Egglands Best eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Dip Texas Toast bread into the egg mixture, one at a time, being sure to soak each piece, then place in 9×13 pan. Repeat until all are complete. You may need to cut the last 2 slices of bread in 1/2 to make them fit – this is the perfect serving size for kids anyway.
- Once you have the first layer of bread in the pan, sprinkle 1/3 sugar mixture on top.
- Place 1 cup blueberries on top, spread evenly across the bread.
- Finish dipping the last of the bread in the egg mixture and lay on top of the first layer and blueberries.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or over night.
- Remove from refrigerator and preheat oven to 350F. Once preheated, place foil covered pan in oven for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- As prepared, this is a sweet French Toast, however, you may with to garnish with Confectioners Sugar, Strawberries, additional blueberries, and Maple Syrup (I used Dickenson’s), if desired.
This is just one of my “Recipes from Your Heart” that my family devours every time. With simple alternatives, you can even make french toast a little more heart healthy. Load it up with as many berries as you like too, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries are all great choices! I hope your family will enjoy this recipe.
Like Eggland’s Best on Facebook
Follow Eggland’s Best on Twitter
Pin with Eggland’s Best on Pinterest
Win $25 Visa gift card and Eggland’s Best Eggs Prize
You have the chance to win $25 visa gift card, 2 coupons to purchase EB eggs and an EB plush egg.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:
* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook
30 Day Winning Rule applies. For complete contest rules, please see our Contest Statement and Blog Disclosure.
Contest ends at 11:59 pm EST on February 21, 2014 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond or another winner will be selected!
The Eggland’s Best coupon, information, and two gift packs have been provided by Eggland’s Best.