We all want to be healthy. We also know that it isn’t good to focus on our weight as a number. A better way to measure your weight in relation to your height by measuring your Body Mass Index or BMI. I recently had the opportunity to review my first BMI scale, the Taylor USA Body Mass Index Scale.
Hands-On Review of Taylor USA Body Mass Index BMI Scale
Weight is a touchy subject for most ladies. We are never satisfied with our appearance or the numbers on the scale. What I like about the Taylor USA Body Mass Index BMI Scale is that it tells me more than just how many pounds I weigh. First, it does accurately state your lbs (or kg if you like) within a .2lb accuracy. Secondly, it automatically measures my Body Mass Index and graphs it for me. Presently, my BMI is “normal” however I’m not brave enough to share with you or anyone else the actual numbers!
Features of the Taylor USA Body Mass Index Scale (taken from TaylorUsa.com)
- Measures weight and calculates BMI value based on height and weight.
- Graph assesses BMI level within a range of under/normal/over.
- 1.5″ total LCD readout size.
- 4 memories store personal data for easy use.
- Silvertone platform and silvertone mat.
- Instant on, auto zero, auto off, low battery indicator.
- High capacity 400 lb x .2 lb/180 kg x .1 kg.
- Lithium battery included.
Using the Taylor BMI Scale is easy
I have tried very un-user friendly scales where I couldn’t even figure out how to weigh myself, my sister has one of these. There were too many buttons to choose from and complicated. To just check your weight on the Taylor BMI Scale, all you do is step on the scale. For using the Body Mass Index feature of the scale, there are just a couple easy steps. I like that with the Taylor BMI scale, you set your height once with your designated memory slot and you are done. The directions are so simple to follow to set up your height and Memory #. To use the Taylor BMI Scale, just select your Memory #, step up on the scale and see both your weight and BMI #. I’ve also used scales where you have to bend down to actually see the read out, the Taylor BMI Scale has a large 1.5″ LCD readout. The Chart for the BMI is easily legible too.
The above picture shows how easy it is to read your weight, BMI #, and the range. This reading is of my 5 year old because I am not brave enough to post my own numbers! His weight is clearly 57.4lbs, BMI 17, and the BMI is right at Under, almost Normal for his height.
Why should you use a Body Mass Index BMI Scale?
Obviously maintaining a proper weight is important to being healthy. When you are obese, you have a higher risk of heart disease, diabetes, and some forms of cancer. When you know your BMI, you know where you fall on the chart: Underweight, Normal, Overweight, or Obese. This gives you an accurate guide. It is also an easy way to track your progress when you are dieting and trying to reach a healthy BMI.
Why choose Taylor USA Scales?
For over 150 years, Taylor has been delivering “strong brands, high quality, high accuracy and dedication to innovating both the professional and consumer markets.” Their motto has always been “accuracy first”. You can trust Taylor USA in measurement products for home and industry from thermometers, to weight management, to kitchen, to altimeters used in fighter planes.
Taylor USA Products:
- Weight Management Products: Analog scales, Electronic Scales, Glass Electronic Scales, and BMI Scales.
- Kitchen: Taylor is known for their Food Scales, Thermometers, Timers, and Kitchen Appliances.
- Environment: Taylor is your source for Weather Stations, Hygrometers, Rain Gauges, Thermometers, and Clocks.
- Restaurant and Hospitality industry: Thermometers and Scales.
- Industrial: They also have a line of products for the power generation industry, chemical process industry, food process industry, pharmaceutical industry, and air and water system industry.
Buy the Taylor USA Body Mass Index BMI Scale
Taylor USA products can be found nationwide at: Ace Hardware, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Kmart, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Meijer, Menards, Publix, Sears, Shopko, Sur La Table, Target, True Value, Wal-Mart, Wegman’s, and more. You can also find their products on Amazon.com. Click below to purchase the Taylor USA Body Mass Index BMI Scale. The Body Mass Index Scale cost about $29.99.
Win the Taylor USA Body Mass Index BMI Scale (Cl0sed)
Updated: 6-23-10 Winner Announced: Congratulations, Cynthia!
Taylor USA has generously offered one lucky winner their own Body Mass Index BMI Scale!
ENTRY #1: You must visit the Taylor USA and leave one Comment Below on another product you would like to try or something interesting you learned about Taylor.
Extra Entries (do as many as you wish and leave a corresponding comment below) Please be sure to do Entry #1 above or all extra entries do not qualify.
- For 5 entries, blog about this giveaway on your website and link back to this article and to Taylor USA .
- “Like” AkronOhioMoms.com on Facebook (posting a comment is appreciated but not required)
- For 3 entries, comment on any Total House Remodel post
- Yahoo Buzz this post with button on top of screen
- Google Buzz this post with button on top of screen
- Stumble Upon this post with button on top of screen
- Follow AkronOhioMoms on twitter and tweet about this giveaway. You can Tweet once a day for an extra entry every day! You can copy and paste: Win Taylor BMI Scale! https://www.akronohiomoms.com/giveaways/bmi-scale #contests #sweepstakes
- Vote for AkronOhioMoms.com on Top Baby Blogs by clicking here ( just click here, then click on the phrase “Cast A Vote”, nothing else required)
- Rate my site on Top 100 Mommy Blogs.
- Become an AkronOhioMoms member by joining us with Google Friend Connect (on the right sidebar).
- Enter any other active contest and leave a comment on which one(s)
- Leave a new comment on any other non-giveaway post, one per post, leave comment on which one(s).
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on June 21st when a winner will be drawn at random and announced the next day. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Taylor USA who provided products for review & giveaway.