As a mom, I find myself having to decide between cleaning the house and playing with my kids on a daily basis. I want our home to be clean for my kids. I want to play with my kids. I feel guilty when the house is not clean for my kids to grow up in. I feel guilty when I am not playing with my kids and cleaning instead. Is there a solution to this mommy guilt? I.B. Caruso and Jenny Schroedel think so and they outlined it in their book called Just Clean Enough.
So, whether you face the same dilemma as I do or you want more time for yourself or to do more enjoyable things, you gotta check out this book. This book will take you through a year’s worth of simple thing to do to get and keep your house in a clean enough state.
Right from the book, here are some great, easy ways to get your house clean without spending hours upon hours. Just a simple step each day.
- Clear off tops of cabinets, yes, people really do see what’s stashed up there. By clearing this space off, you will create a cleaner and more spacious looking kitchen. If you have to utilize that space, opt for baskets or bins. Time: 30 minutes
- Do the hanger test. Got tons of clothes cluttering your closet? Arrange all of your hangers in your closet around so that the point of the hood faces you instead of the “normal” way. Each time you wear and wash your clothes, put them back the normal way. At the end of the season, evaluate the clothes that are still pointed toward you. Donate them to Goodwill. Time: 10 minutes
- Bookshelves for kids rooms. In other rooms, bookshelves can look cluttered with nick nacks and such. In kids bedrooms, bookshelves are great for dolls, stuffed animals, and small toys. It displays your kids personality while keeping toys off the ground. Time: 15 minutes
- Train that stain stick. Carry a pen-size Tide to Go stain stick with you at all times. Immediately treat the stains as they happen, you won’t have to have tons of stain sprays in the laundry room and have a better shot at stain-free clothing! Time: 5 minutes
- Use Ceiling space. Especially in the basement for storage. Hang the garden hoses, chairs, etc from joists on the ceiling. Time: 45 minutes
Buy Just Clean Enough
You can buy Just Clean Enough for about $9 on Amazon.com. Like this review? Please follow my link to Amazon.com below to order.
Win Just Clean Enough (closed)
Adams Media is giving 3 lucky people their own Just Clean Enough book.
Updated: 1-31-11 Winners announced: Jesika, Rose, and Polly
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on January 26, 2011 when a winner will be drawn at random and announced the next day. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Adams Media who provided the products for review & giveaway.