The title of Dawn Meehan’s book is enough to catch your attention and realize this is not a “What to Expect While Your Expecting” type book. Dawn Meehan is an award-winning blogger of BecauseISaidSo.com, mother of 6, and author of You’ll Lose the Baby Weight (and Other Lies about pregnancy and childbirth).
Hands-On Review of You’ll Lose the Baby Weight (and Other Lies about pregnancy and childbirth)
This is a book worth checking out if you are pregnant or a new mom. It is a no non-science approach to giving you the real scoop on pregnancy and childbirth. If you would rather be surprised, then bypass this book. Dawn goes through pregnancy right along with you month by month on what to expect, common sense advice that works, and how to go with the flow. Every expectant and new mom is surprised by something during pregnancy and birth. I really wished that I had known a lot more about delivery and right after delivery when I had my first child! Where was this book then?!
Below is a good summary of topics covered in this book and her sense of humor.
- Why it sometimes takes six pregnancy tests to convince you that you are, indeed, pregnant
- Creative ways to break the news to your husband, such as preparing a dinner of baby back ribs, baby spinach and baby corn—and why it’s okay to dissolve into tears when he doesn’t get it
- What “advanced maternal age” means and what it’s like to expect after the age of 35
- The pitfalls of managing an illness without over-the-counter medicine (most kinds are prohibited when pregnant)
- Why “morning sickness isn’t just for breakfast anymore”—and how to deal with it in a way that doesn’t include crackers
- What “baby brain” means and how many items you’ll misplace while experiencing it
- The little lifesaving items no one thinks to bring to the hospital, but should
- The three stages of labor—and how to survive the epidural, the episiotomy and every other torturous labor and delivery procedure
- What expectant fathers should not do in the delivery room
- The ten best things about finally having a baby—hello, tax deduction!
Buy You’ll Lose the Baby Weight Book
You can find You’ll Lose the Baby Weight: (And Other Lies about Pregnancy and Childbirth) online at Barnes & Noble, Borders, and Amazon.com for about $10.50.
Win You’ll Lose the Baby Weight Book (3 prizes) (Closed)
Updated: 12/8/10 Winners Announced: Susan Smith, Andrea, Toni Caravello
Howard Books is generously offering 3 prizes of the book You’ll Lose the Baby Weight (and Other Lies about pregnancy and childbirth).
To Enter: You must tell us who you would give this book to, what you would like to learn from it, OR a pregnancy or childbirth lie that you would have liked to of known ahead of time.
Increase your Chances of Winning with Extra Entries
Leave an additional comment for the value of each extra entry and a way to verify the entry.
- “Like” AkronOhioMoms on Facebook (posting a comment is appreciated but not required)
- Follow AkronOhioMoms on twitter
- For 2 extra entries every day, comment on my post (voting not required but APPRECIATED)
- For 1 entry each, up to 2 X a day, tweet my Pillsbury Finalist status for up to 2 extra entries every day! Copy and paste: You could win $5,000 when you vote for mommy blogger Cindy Orley Cheesecake recipe http://bit.ly/dmnKWS #sweepstakes #contest
- Tweet about this giveaway. Tweet daily for an extra entry every day! Copy and paste: Win You’ll Lose the Baby Weight and other lies Book from www.akronohiomoms.com #contests #sweepstakes
- For 3 entries each, comment on any Total House Remodel post
- For 5 entries, blog about this giveaway on your website and link back to us
- For 3 entries, Stumble Upon this post with button on top of screen
- Join us with Google Friend Connect (on the sidebar)
- Cast a vote for us on Top Baby Blogs
- Rate my site on Top 100 Mommy Blogs
- Leave one new comment on any other post or giveaway
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on December 2, 2010 when a winner will be drawn at random and announced the next day. When commenting, please include your email address (not visible to public). I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Howard Books who provided the products for review & giveaway.