When vacation time finally arrives, the last thing you want to be is sick! Put these 5 Tips on How to Avoid Getting Sick on Vacation by guest writer, Dr. Yael Halaas, MD.
5 Tips on How to Avoid Getting Sick on Vacation
- Sanitize everything! Traveling to your destination is your first opportunity to catch something, the airplane. Wipe down every survace you might touch with antibacterial wipes. This includes the belt buckle, food tray and latch, volume control, and armrests. You know these surfaces are not cleaned between flights and they are the exact locations where contagious viruses and bacteria linger.
- Wash your hands! Same as at home, at the grocery store, and traveling around town, when on vacation, wash your hands often. Do this especially before touching your own or a loved one’s eyes, nose or mouth. You can’t avoid touching surfaces when traveling, but you can protect your family with this simple measure.
- Be proactive! On family vacations with everyone close together, take Cold-Eeze Homeopathic Lozenges at the first sign of a cold. Cold-Eeze will shorten the duration of your cold by 1/2!
- Be prepared! Be sure to bring cold medicine with you so that you can enjoy your trip if symptoms occur, keeping some decongestants on hand is a good idea too.
- Be healthy! Support your body with good hydration, good nutrition and exercise while on vacation.
Dr. Yael Halaas, MD
Dr. Yael Halaas, MD he has been quoted in US Weekly, Men’s Fitness, Prevention & Fitness Magazine.
Comment Via Facebook