Twitter parties are happening all day, every day! If you don’t attend twitter parties, you don’t know what you are missing!
So, why should you attend a twitter party?
- WIN PRIZES – Twitter parties offer great prizes that are awarded throughout the party, usually about once every 10 minutes! Depending on how many attendees there are, your chances are very good at winning!
- Twitter Parties are fun! They are fast-paced conversations with other like-minded people about topics you can choose from
- Talk with experts – This is your chance to talk with experts about causes and topics important to you
- Be heard – Let your voice be heard as you weigh in on your point of view
- Get inspired and make new twitter friends – Many of the same people will attend parties on the same topic, so you’ll get to know others with similar interests
How to Attend a Twitter Party!
During twitter parties, there will be at least one moderator that will ask questions. You’ll want to follow that moderator and @ them during the party.
Some parities require you to RSVP
Use the hashtag # associated with the party throughout the party to follow along and be noticed as participating
To easily follow a twitter party, use a program like Twubs, TweetDeck, TweetGrid, or Hootsuite. Download it ahead of time to get ready! As an example, The Eco-Friendly Family blog does a nice job showing how to set up TweetGrid.
Find twitter parties to attend with listings like this.
I hope this post helps with the basics on how to attend a twitter party. Have fun with it!