Do your kids drink enough water? Check out how these easy ways to get kids to drink more water with the below 7 tips.
How much water kids should drink a day:
- 5 cups (1 litre) for 5 to 8 year olds
- 7 cup (1.5 litres) for 9 to12 year olds
- 8 – 10 cups (2 litres) for 13+ years
Water is essential to stay hydrated and healthy year-round, but especially during the upcoming hot days ahead.
I received product to facilitate this post.
Easy Ways to Get Kids to Drink More Water
Sometimes it is difficult to get kids to drink water but not if you make it fun!
- Add fruit to your child’s water bottle. My kids love water with raspberries, strawberries, and watermelon.
- Always have a bottle of cold water ready in the fridge so kids can self-serve.
- Keep a bottle of water with your child at all times – in the car, outside, while traveling, at school, etc.
- Praise your child when he reaches his daily goal. Don’t nag your child when he doesn’t meet the goal. Encourage him when he does, talk about the health benefits, give them a sticker on a reward chart, a high five, or whatever encourages your child.
- Water first, then treats – Make it a rule that they must drink their daily allotment of water before treats like juice or soda. This will ensure they drink their water and reduce the amount of sugary drinks overall.
- Make water icy cold – Kids love ice, so fill their water bottle up with fancy shaped ice cubes or better yet, crushed ice for a water slush.
- Lead by example – if parents drink water and always have a bottle of water with them, kids will copy this behavior.
- Make water fun with a new water bottle Kids Collection by SIGG Switzerland!
Easiest way to get kids to drink more water…
The easiest way to get kids to drink more water is to make it fun with a Kids Collection Water Bottle by SIGG Switzerland. This is a fun collection of colors and designs kids love with a spill-proof water bottle that is virtually unbreakable! Each aluminum water bottle includes a bottle cap with a highly resistant EcoCare liner that is BPA-free and phthalate-free.
Using a SIGG water bottle will allow you to incorporate the above 7 tips on how to get kids to drink more water. Keeping a full bottle of water accessible to them at all times makes this task easier!
My daughter loves mermaids so she was thrilled to check out the 0.4-liter SIGG Aluminum Mermaid Water Bottle. She takes it everywhere with her – to school, playground, park, gymnastics, church and even fills it up to have on her nightstand at night.
I like the spill proof design and the covered lid that keeps germs off the drinking surface!
There are many styles for boys of all ages, with many designs for younger boys. For older boys, check out the Tony Hawk Birdman collection!
My son’s Tony Hawk SIGG includes the New Active Top.
You can turn the top to open and close the active top “straw” so it will never leak. Drink from the active top style any way you like, you don’t have to unscrew the bottle, tilt it up or anything.
You could even include carbonated beverages due to the special pre-ventilation system that reduces the container pressure – something ordinary bottles cannot do!
You can purchase SIGG Water Bottles on the SIGG website and on Amazon.com.