While I am not into exercising (like I should be) I do enjoy water aerobics. I went to my first water aerobics class in high school with my older sister and really enjoyed it! To me water aerobics doesn’t feel like exercise where you are sweating like crazy trying to catch your breath, it feels like I am just swimming rhythmically. I have always loved swimming and being on the swim team at an early age and growing up going to the beach at least twice a year I have always been a “fish” as my mom would say.
When I was asked if I wanted to review these products I was thrilled! Since the pool we belong to only has one water aerobics class that I can’t attend it will be so nice to go to the pool on my own time to workout now that I have the right equipment for a low impact workout! Having the floating aerobics belt and ergobells will be great for not only this Summer but all year round since I fortunately have access to an indoor pool too.
Aqua Leisure Industries, Inc. is a family owned company that has been in business since our founding in 1970. There are currently three generations of family members proudly involved in day to day operations of the firm. From their local roots south of Boston, MA they have grown to be America’s leading producer of high-quality, value-priced swim gear and aquatic leisure products. Some of their products that you might have seen or have used for your family are Swimschool® – a three-level progressive learn-to-swim system, and Sunsmart™ – a line of functional shade products that provide protection from the sun’s harmful rays. Aqua-Leisure also has also expanded beyond the swimming pool to include Uncle Bob’s™ premium inflatable products for winter fun, Spray Zone™ backyard water activities, and the First Fitness™ collection of fun, innovative juvenile fitness products to promote healthy habits in childhood.
Aqua Fitness Belt by Aqua Leisure
The Aqua Leisure Aqua Belt will help you slim while you swim! The Aqua Belt is very easy to use and was very comfortable too. It was so nice to be able to workout in the deep end with the ergobells but still be able to get a nice workout while walking in the shallow end as well. The belt is one size fits most and is made with a durable, adjustable nylon belt with easy connect snaplock. Using the Aqua Fitness water belt consistently will help tone your muscles and provide a stress reducing and fun and relaxing low impact workout.
Aqua Fitness Ergobells/Dumbbells
The Aqua Leisure Aqua Fitness dumbbells tone the arms while leisurely walking in the pool by adding resistance to water exercises. They were very easy to put together and were a nice addition to the water aerobics workout. The aqua dumbbells are recommended for all levels of fitness and they provide a great aerobic workout when used with the aqua fitness water belt. There is also a nice workout guide included with the products to help get you started on exercises using the Aqua Fitness water belt and dumbbells.
Benefits of Water Aerobics:
- combination of exercise and fun
- many body movements in a rhythmic style and also certain kinds of dance steps and variation will make your workout is not boring
- walking and lifting weight in the water can minimize the stress on your knees and other weight bearing joints
- temperature regulation is better since in water aerobics you can do exercise in high intensity especially when you use weights but not get overheated
- helps with anxiety issues which is beneficial for those of us who feel uncomfortable lifting weights in front of people we can feel less conscious since no body will be checking out our “form” underwater 🙂
- time saver! you will be able to lift weights and run at the same time which will allow for cardio and strength workout in a shorter amount of time
- better balance safety for people that compromise to their balance such as the elderly or pregnant women
- water aerobics is great for those who suffer from arthritis, people who are looking to lose weight and all of us who should be looking to improve their general health and cardiovascular health
To purchase Aqua Fitness products
To win a set of Aqua Fitness water belt and water dumbbells (Closed)
Updated: 9-2-11 Winner Announced: Sheila K
Aqua Leisure has offered one lucky reader ONE Aqua Fitness water belt and ONE set of water dumbbells! ($44.00 value) Winner must have U.S. mailing address.
Important Links to enter this contest:
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. In order to comply with the latest Facebook Promotion Guidelines (revised 5/11/11), the following statements are true:* Giveaway participants release Facebook from any responsibility whatsoever.
* Giveaways on this blog are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Giveaway participants are providing information to this blog and giveaway sponsors only; not to Facebook.
Contest ends at 11:59pm EST on August 31, 2011 when a winner will be drawn at random. I will notify the winners and they will have 36 hours to respond!
This was not a paid post. My own opinions were used based on my perceptions and experience. Thank you to Aqua Leisure who provided the products for review and giveaway.