The flu in Ohio is now widespread and is peaking this week! So far 833 people have been hospitalized by the flu, most of them from NE and east central Ohio. With the flu widespread in Ohio, it isn’t time to give up and give in. What are you doing to stay healthy?
Effective tips to stay healthy during flu season
- Get Flu Shot – Now more than ever, immunization is the safest and most effective way to fight the flu.
- Prevent Spread of Germs – Practice and teach your kids proper cough and sneeze etiquette, stay away from people who are sick and stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often.
Smart ways to avoid the flu
Here are a few lesser known, yet smart ways to avoid the flu.
- Use the first bathroom stall in a public restroom, it is the cleanest
- Bathroom taps have more germs than a toilet seat
- Clean your kitchen sink – it contains 100,000x more germs than a bathroom
- Clean TV remote, top place for sharing infections at home
- Clean light switches, one of the most touched surfaces at home.
- Don’t get stressed out, stress makes you more vulnerable to getting sick
Prevent Spread of Germs at Home
One easy way to prevent the spread of germs at home is the use of Lysol Disinfectant Spray. It kills 99.9% of viruses and bacteria on hard surfaces – including H1N1 which we have had over 10,000 cases reported in the USA this flu season
Use Lysol Disinfectant Spray hard surfaces like your counter tops, sinks, door knobs, light switches, telephones, bathtub, toilet seats, remote controllers, cabinets, shower door, vanity tops and chrome fixtures – Just cleaning with soap and water will remove dirt but not all germs.
Use Lysol Disinfectant Spray on soft surfaces, like your couches, sofas, mattresses and pet beds to kill bacteria.
You can purchase Lysol Disinfectant Spray Lysol Disinfectant Spray for less than $5 a can.
Plus, Lysol has a variety of products that are convenient to use at home, at work, at school, and on-the-go like their Lysol Disinfecting Wipes and Multipurpose Wipes. If someone sick touches something, the cold or flu virus can live on that surface for up to 48 hours! Kill it with Lysol to prevent the transmission of viruses.
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes are about $3 each.
I hope these easy tips will help your family stay healthy this flu season! Be well!