As the cooler weather settles in, so does the promise (or threat) of colds, flu, COVID, and other viruses at schools. Fortunately, we’re lucky to have the makers of Purell, GOJO Industries, right here in the Akron, Ohio area. Purell has long been a must-have for students, teachers, and classrooms, and as winter germ season approaches, it’s an excellent time to stock up on these essential sanitizers for your family’s protection at home and school.
Portable Essential Oil Hand Sanitizers
For students, teenagers, and young adults, we recommend the new 2oz portable Essential Oil Hand Sanitizers, available in Calming Lavender and Energizing Mint scents. These convenient pocket-sized sanitizers are perfect for backpacks and lunch bags, providing a pleasant and light fragrance that appeals to teens and young adults. You can find them at leading retailers nationwide, including:
- Target ($1.99 for mint & lavender)
- Walmart ($1.97 for mint & lavender)
- Amazon (mint $13.99 for a pack of 6 & lavender $12.99 for a pack of 6)
PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer Naturals
For the classroom and dorm room, we recommend the tabletop pump bottle of PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer Naturals, a fan-favorite. This formulation is ECOLOGO Certified and USDA Certified Biobased, made with naturally renewable alcohol. It’s not only effective but also environmentally friendly. Look for it at leading retailers such as:
- Target (8oz & 24oz bottles for $3.99 and $6.99, respectively)
- Walmart (8oz bottle for $3.92 and 24oz bottle for $6.74)
- Amazon (12oz 4-pack for $26.99)
What to Look for in Hand Sanitizers
To ensure you’re buying a safe and effective hand sanitizer, consider these five key factors:
- Choose Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer: Ethyl alcohol (ethanol) is known to kill a broader range of germs than non-alcohol sanitizers and works faster.
- Adequate Coverage: The container’s design is crucial; it should allow you to use enough sanitizer to cover all surfaces of both hands completely and dry within 15 to 20 seconds.
- Skin-Friendly Ingredients: Look for ingredients like aloe, glycerin, or vitamin E to soothe and protect your skin, especially for children with dry or sensitive skin.
- Fragrance Options: Opt for fragrance-free sanitizers if you have sensitive skin or allergies. Teachers may prefer fragrance-free options in the classroom to avoid distractions or allergies.
- Pleasant to Use: Ensure the sanitizer isn’t sticky or runny, has a pleasant fragrance (if desired), and leaves you feeling clean. This encourages regular use, especially for students and teachers.
The PURELL® Promise
PURELL® Hand Sanitizer, America’s #1 brand, is available in various sizes and formulas at stores nationwide. Their new portable Calming Lavender and Energizing Mint sanitizers, as well as PURELL® Advanced Hand Sanitizer Naturals, are all made in Ohio-based facilities. The PURELL PROMISE™ guarantees that each PURELL® hand sanitizer is safe and effective, thanks to high-quality ingredients and rigorous testing.
Be Wary of Other Hand Sanitizers
During the pandemic, the FDA temporarily allowed increased sanitizer manufacturing to meet demand. However, some of these sanitizers had safety and efficacy issues, leading to a growing list of almost 600 hand sanitizers to avoid. Additionally, many of these products may have expired, making them less effective.
This winter, protect your family with the trusted quality of Purell Hand Sanitizers. Keep these essential sanitizers close at hand to ensure you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy throughout the season. It doesn’t hurt to pick up a few extra bottles for your child’s classroom too!