Clothes are expensive. Taking care of clothes properly and with good equipment will prolong the wear of clothing. Follow these tried and true laundry tips on how to keep clothes like new.
How to Keep Clothes Like New Laundry Tips:
- Follow the clothing recommendations for washing and drying. If it says to wash in cold water and lay flat to dry, you should do that.
- Treat stains while they are fresh, it is harder to get out a dried-on stain. I have found that Shout works best – I buy it in a bulk container at Sam’s Club!
- If the stain doesn’t come out in the first wash, treat and rewash right away. If you place the item in the dryer before the stain is gone, the heat may set the stain, making it permanent.
- Always sort your clothes into whites, colors, and darks. This will keep your clothes from fading into each other. I also sort out all my reds from the other colors.
- Turn jeans inside out to avoid fading and retain the dark wash colors. This also helps to avoid color bleeds onto other clothes.
- Use the right amount of laundry detergent. If you don’t use enough, your clothes won’t be thoroughly clean. If you use too much laundry detergent, it will leave a residue on your clothing and waste money. Be sure to use HE detergent if you have an HE machine. Follow the guidelines on your detergent packing as it varies between products.
Other Helpful Laundry Tips:
- Keep everything within reach so you never have to search for your laundry cleaning products. If it is readily available, you are more likely to pre-reat stains.
- Hang your clothes as soon as they are dry to avoid a wrinkled mess of clothes. Keep clothes hangers in your laundry room so you can easily do this and not put it off.
- Keep used dryer sheets to dust your house, they still have plenty of life left in them to attract the dust in your house, including electronics.
- Keep your machines clean. Clean the dryer filter after every single use. You can even use the used dryer sheets for this, they work great. Also, clean out the dryer vent once every couple months. Clean your washer once every 2-3 weeks. My Maytag Bravos XL washer and dryer gives me a little reminder, which is helpful!
I hope my simple laundry tips have given you ideas on how to keep clothes like new. If you take care of your laundry with simple steps like these, your clothes will show it. Using good machines also make a big difference in keeping your clothes like new. I have been using my Maytag Bravos XL washer and dryer for 3 months now and couldn’t be more pleased. The only thing that I wish they could do is fold and put my laundry away. 🙂
I have really enjoyed how the Maytag Bravos XL washer and dryer has cut my laundry time in half and I’ve save money on energy by switching to cold water to wash my clothes. My clothes are cleaner than ever with this duo. I haven’t had a stain get through the advanced technology of Maytag yet! This is a huge deal when you have kids that like to play hard – and 2 dogs that like to mess everything up too! Let me tell you about a couple features that the Maytag Bravos XL machines offer that allow my clothes to come out clean and stain-free every time.
The Maytag Bravos XL washer is equipped with PowerSpray Technology. This technology allows the washer to evenly distribute detergent during the wash. It takes your laundry detergent and mixes it with water to spray directly onto your clothes. The PowerSpray starts tackling stains immediately. This is revolutionary in how laundry detergent is used in washers!
The Maytag Bravos XL dryer offers several settings and includes an Advanced Moisture Sensing system that dries laundry evening every time. Even if you have a large, bulky load or a large king size comforter, the advanced moisture sensing system dries evening every time. I have been most impressed by this feature especially when dryer a load of sheets and blankets. My old dryer always left wet spots, the Maytag Bravos XL doesn’t! Plus, this technology reduces the risk of shrinking since you won’t be over-drying your clothing – while helping you save money on energy as well!My absolute most-loved feature is the Auto Refresh Cycle. When I don’t follow my laundry step above of hanging clothes straight out of the dryer, I have a back-up plan that works quite nicely. I simply place my wrinkled mess of clothing back into the dryer and run the Auto Refresh Cycle. It relaxes wrinkles by using steam. They come out fresh and wrinkle-free. I have used this cycle many times and couldn’t live without it now!!
Consider this: Does your washer and dryer duo help you accomplish keeping your clothes like new like the Maytag Bravos XL duo does?
Buy Maytag Bravos XL
What are your laundry tips?
Please share your laundry tips below.
I wrote this post participating in an Maytag Moms Dependable Laundry Ambassador program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Maytag. I was provided with the Maytag washer and dryer set to facilitate my post.